🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why can't I withdraw and resubmit a boosted p...
Page options
priajoshi
Community Member

Why can't I withdraw and resubmit a boosted proposal?

I need this explained to me. 

Put yourself in my shoes: I just worked hard on a cover letter for a potential long-term client. I boosted my proposal and lowered my rate, hoping to connect with the person I'm interested in freelancing for.

I attached an uploaded file as a sample of my work, as requested. After submitting it, I reopened the proposal to make sure everything looked good. I realized the link wouldn't open due to the way it was uploaded (spaces were involved, so the formatting got messed up). So I withdrew my proposal, thinking I would apply again like I would if I didn't boost my proposal (I've done this before).

Can someone please explain the reasoning for not allowing me to reapply for something, especially something that I've boosted, and stripping me of the boost points to boot? It's adding insult to injury. The proposals should be able to be edited in the first place, but withdrawing and resubmitting is a reasonable step to take, as a freelancer. Not being able to resubmit a boosted proposal makes no sense to me.

I appreciate your time, from one professional to another.

Pria

1 REPLY 1
williamtcooper
Community Member

Pria,

My guess is because Upwork doesn't want clients spammed.

However, I have a semi workaround. Withdraw your proposal and place the information you want in the withdraw message. This has frequently gotten clients to take a second look at my Profile for consideration. Have a great day!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members