🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why does the client not want to close his job...
Page options
3205dd41
Community Member

Why does the client not want to close his job but instead want to close it from the Upwork side?

Hi Upwork Forum Team,

I have a question about something I don't understand. Recently, I've noticed a pattern where the client posts a job, but once they start receiving proposals, they neither view nor reply to any of them. Sometimes, they may respond to a few, but then suddenly disappear. Why do some clients choose to close their job posts from the side of Upwork? Wouldn't it be better if they closed the job by side of themselves, so we could get our 'connect' back? if closing the job from the client side have any negative effects on their profile?  what is the viewpoint on this from a client? Help me to understand this.

than you 

sudip

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Upwork gives back your connects if you get interviewed by a client, even if they don’t hire you. However, this doesn’t happen with every client. Upwork only returns connects if they consider the client to be a "potential client," but there is no clear definition of potentiality.  I’ve had connects returned for clients who have spent $0 to $100K.

and yes, as long as we keep using and buying connects, Upwork benefits.I wonder if they will eventually stop offering the monthly free connects as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
williamtcooper
Community Member

50% of posts don't end with a freelancer being hired for many reasons.

Clients can close or keep open as they wish.

ok. good reason.

3205dd41
Community Member

spectralua
Community Member

Client receiving lot of spam proposals, angry and just gone to other site. Noone care about job closing then. Abandoned job continue to fill Upwork's pocket so no need to close it.

thanks for your answer.

arsalan-m
Community Member

There is no actual "negative impact" on their profile because they are clients. Not hiring does affect their hire rate, but it doesn't really impact them directly. They will continue to receive proposals and offers, and they can invite and reach out to anyone they want.

The reason I believe they don't bother closing jobs is because they don't incur any costs like we do when posting a job. They can post as many jobs as they want without any checks in place by the platform, and upwork won't stop them. Do you know why? It's because the platform earns from freelancers who spend their connects on these jobs and keep purchasing more.

Thank you for your answer. You mean the platform itself is designed in a way that they always win, not the client or the freelancer. But I think Connect should give us back, shouldn't it?

Upwork gives back your connects if you get interviewed by a client, even if they don’t hire you. However, this doesn’t happen with every client. Upwork only returns connects if they consider the client to be a "potential client," but there is no clear definition of potentiality.  I’ve had connects returned for clients who have spent $0 to $100K.

and yes, as long as we keep using and buying connects, Upwork benefits.I wonder if they will eventually stop offering the monthly free connects as well.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members