🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why don't I have JSS?
Page options
9606c66f
Community Member

Why don't I have JSS?

Hi,

As per Upwork policy to get JSS, the minimum requirement is to do the project with two different clients, I am done with my 9 projects and with multiple clients as well but have yet to receive the JSS. I have posted this request a number of times. Further, my earning has exceeded $1k+ and I'm eligible for being rated as top rated.

You're requested to please look into this matter and consider giving me the JSS and top rated badge as soon as possible.

Please help me in this regard.

Regards,

Falaq

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Loralie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects.

We exclude clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback so that their scores won't count against you, but that may mean it takes longer to accumulate enough reviews to receive your initial score.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

281 REPLIES 281

Because the site on where you donework with clienthave low traffic .

Thank you for replying for me. please tell me about it in more details. 

Thank you

7f4ab341
Community Member

After how many job can I get job success score (JSS). I am working on SEO niche? Kindly explain in details, if you have any specific criteria for this?

4 more within one year from separate clients.

73f433f8
Community Member

I have done 2 jobs but still i cannot see the JSS on my profile even when i searched my profile thorugh the search bar using talent option , it not showing the amount that i have earned so far
hmm i am confussed anyone can help me ?
Thanks

The Job Success Score (JSS) on Upwork is a critical metric for freelancers, as it reflects their reputation and reliability. Here are a few key points to consider regarding your JSS and profile visibility:

1. Timeframe: Upwork typically requires a freelancer to have a certain amount of work history before a Job Success Score is calculated and displayed. This typically means completing enough projects with enough variety over a 24-month period. Upwork states that you usually need at least 3-4 completed contracts with at least two different clients.

2. Account Settings: Make sure your profile is set to 'Public' so others can see your JSS and earnings when they search for your profile. You can check this by going to your profile settings and reviewing your visibility options.

3. Updates: The Upwork system updates periodically. If you've recently completed your second job, there might be a delay before the system reflects these changes in your profile.

4. Private Earnings: Sometimes freelancers choose to keep their earnings private. Check your profile settings to ensure you're not hiding this information unintentionally.

5. Profile Completion: Complete all sections of your profile including your portfolio, skills, and employment history. Incomplete profiles might not display all information correctly until they're fully filled out.

6. Contact Support: If you continue to face issues or it's been several weeks since you've completed your job(s) and you still don't see the JSS, you may need to contact Upwork Support. They can look into your account specifically and give you detailed feedback. To contact Upwork Support, go to the Help and Support section on the Upwork website and submit a request.

If you believe none of the above points resolve your issue, it might be the right time to reach out to Upwork's customer support for more personalized assistance. Would you need guidance on how to access Upwork’s support services or is there any other aspect related to your projects that I can help with?

Hi Muhammad,

I looked closely at your profile and see that you haven't completed enough projects to obtain a JSS yet; you have only one closed contract, and the other one is still in progress. To get a JSS, you must have at least two outcomes with two clients within the past 24 months.

You can learn more about how the JSS works here

~ Arjay
Upwork
eea9a981
Community Member

job success score not shown on my profile

It is correct. Gain more feedbacks then JSS will be calculated and shown.

omniwebtech
Community Member

Please check my profile and let me know the time when I get my Job Success Score. I completed two projects with two unique clients

4432468b
Community Member

I am struggling hard to achieve a JSS score and the Rising Talent Badge, but I have not been awarded either. Please review your own policy (see attached screenshot). I have completed three jobs from three different clients within a 24-month period, and my outcomes exceed your stated requirements, yet I still do not have a JSS score. Similarly, for the Rising Talent Badge, I meet all the specified requirements, but I have not received the badge. This lack of recognition is hindering my Upwork activity and job-winning success. Don’t you think this is unfair?

I have raised this issue in the Upwork community before, and I am raising it again now. Please update your algorithm for awarding these badges and scores, or, if these are awarded manually, ensure that my profile is reviewed, as it meets all the requirements. Please grant me the badge and JSS score that I qualify for. I hope you understand my situation.

Were the 3 jobs within six months or whatever the current policy is?

I have been active on Upwork since May 24, 2023. Between November 2023 and January 2024, I completed two jobs. I secured my third job on April 16, 2024, and finished it on May 14, 2024. Additionally, I have an in-progress job that started on March 25, 2024. Therefore, from May 24, 2023, to May 14, 2024, it has been 12 months.

Have you got your JSS or Rising Talent? If you have, how long it took you, to get these badges?
And secondly, do you think that I should have got these tags by now?

Hi Hazifa,

Thank you for reaching us. The Rising Talent badge is available by invitation only. This means that even if you meet the qualifications for earning one, it will not be automatically added to your profile. Some factors are considered based on the criteria, your profile, and other factors, including your work category. The badge will be added to your profile if you're selected and no action is required from you.

In reference to achieving a JSS score, I have reviewed the jobs you mentioned, and it is unfortunate that the client did not provide feedback for the last contract. As a result, your mid-contract feedback may be visible on your Upwork profile, but it cannot be factored into the JSS calculation. Since there isn't enough data to calculate your JSS, it is not currently displayed on your Upwork profile. I noticed that you have recently finished a contract. If the client has left feedback for this job, you should see the Job Success Score in the next update.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Good to know that the Rising Talent Badge is not automatic.

That is new information to me.

Is that the same for Top-Rated and Top-Rated Plus?

Just to be clear, when you said 'It is unfortunate that the client did not provide feedback for the last contract', are you talking about private feedback? If yes, then can I now request him to give me that feedback? because I'm not finding any option for requesting private feedback.

When you end a contract yourself, the client has 14 days to leave both private and public feedback. If they don't, you do not get feedback. JSS is updated every 2 weeks, not after every closed job.

Oh, then I should wait for at least 2 weeks before making any decision, right? Secondly, I want to ask, if private feedback is optional for clients. Or is it compulsory, to end the contract? (in the case when the client has ended the contract from his side).

Community Member

Please when will I have a jss

Complete more jobs with feedbacks from separate clients.

Please I completed 4 Jobs already

JSS is updated every 2 weeks. Your oldest job will not count as it is older than 24 months.

Thank you Sophie. I have 4 completed jobs. The first one is older than 24 months, but the other 3 is this year. I just have to wait for the next 2 weeks for a jss if I get your analogy, right? 

Check back on June 26 or 27

jbahs786
Community Member

Hi-

I want to know when will the new JSS updated happen? Anyone knows the date?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Shadab,

I checked, and it doesn't look like you have a JSS yet. We calculate JSS every two weeks based on your 3-, 6-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculate a score for each timeframe. The best score out of these will display on your profile. To learn more about JSS, please check out this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
1872d339
Community Member

I've completed two contract outcomes within 24 months and outcomes with two or more clients during my time on Upwork but I didn't receive any Job success score I know it's calculated every 2 weeks in Sunday.

Hi Ziad,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. Please remember that not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a Job Success Score varies. Also, most feedback is eligible, but at times outcomes won’t be counted because, for example, you asked the feedback to be removed or we determined the client violated our Terms of Service.

Please visit this help article to familiarize yourself on how JSS works.

~ Arjay
Upwork
33e37caa
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

I have completed 4 projects with a 5-star rating but didn't receive the JSS. I have 3 more projects in progress what is the process of getting the JSS?

Thanks,
Misbah Kashif

Hi @Misbah K JSS will be achieved when we complete 2 or more projects with same clients.

wrote:

JSS will be achieved when we complete 2 or more projects with same clients.

This is not accurate. Please see help article here Job Success Score – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

I have completed 4 projects and 4 projects are in progress according to the upwork policies you may have to complete 3 or 4 projects with 5 star rating after that you will receive the JSS

Hi @Misbah K JSS will be achieved when we complete 2 or more projects with same clients.

JSS is updated every 2 weeks. You can check next update Sunday June 9th,2024

Community Member

I saw some discussions on the Upwork community that mention a freelancer needs to complete 2 or 4 projects with two different clients to get a Job Success Score (JSS). If I have a client who pays me for many milestones within one project and doesn't end the contract but continues to give me new milestones because I finish the tasks assigned, will I still not get a JSS despite many approved milestones? Does this mean I should ask the client to end the contract so I can get a JSS faster?

Yes, you should ask the client to end the contract to get a JSS faster. Or take\complete more separate jobs.

Community Member

I saw some discussions on the Upwork community that mention a freelancer needs to complete 2 or 4 projects with two different clients to get a Job Success Score (JSS). If I have a client who pays me for many milestones within one project and doesn't end the contract but continues to give me new milestones because I finish the tasks assigned, will I still not get a JSS despite many approved milestones? Does this mean I should ask the client to end the contract so I can get a JSS faster?

26c48222
Community Member

I opened my profile a few months ago
i am already have success closed contracts
but I am still not getting JSS on my profile
Also, I did not get a "rising talent" badge

Now, this is strange. Visit your profile and see if you have your eligible weeks there. And contact Customer Support. Also, the next JSS/Badge changes are this coming Sunday, so may be worth waiting. You however doing a great job, Bohdan, just in 3.5 months!

khaanoo
Community Member

Hello Upwork Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to seek assistance regarding my Job Success Score (JSS). I have successfully completed six jobs on Upwork and received feedback from two different clients. However, despite this, my JSS has not been updated or displayed on my profile, even though it has been over two weeks since I received the feedback.

Here are some details to help you understand my situation better:

I understand that the JSS is usually updated every two weeks. Given that this period has passed, I am concerned about the delay in my score being displayed. I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter and ensuring my JSS is updated accordingly.

Thank you for your attention to this issue. I look forward to your prompt response.

Best regards,
FARHAN ALI
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members