🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why is my withdrawal is currently restricted ...
Page options
rohitwi
Community Member

Why is my withdrawal is currently restricted on my account?

Hi,

Why is my withdrawal is currently restricted on my account? 

Earlier, I had got an email saying "We are sorry to have to take this step, but please note that this matter is a result of an issue with your client’s billing method. As such, please contact your client directly to discuss this matter further."

Why do I need to be affected by my client's billing method? It's your responsibility to solve that issue with my client. How would I know about any billing method issue of my client before taking the project? 

I NEED TO WITHDRAW MY EARNINGS ASAP.

Thanks!

Rohit Kumar

93 REPLIES 93

Hi Enoch,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
90b89eb0
Community Member

yes but there has been no response whatsoever to my ticket

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I see that our team has already notified you on Dec 13th about this action via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here . Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Please note that tickets are responded to in the manner they are received in the queue. Please allow 24-48 hours for the support team to review and respond to your inquiry. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ba3198f5
Community Member

Hello I am also having the same problem I want to withdraw my funds for which I work for any help of how can I  do it upwork?

Hi Yash,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
6a696799
Community Member

Help me

8e644c45
Community Member

Hi, Dear Respected Sir/Medam
I have the same issue with Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account. Please contact Upwork Support.
Please solve this issue ASAP.
thanks!
Mujahid

ahmed_yasir
Community Member

Upwork restricted my account 4 days ago and send me an email that they want to know my work on one direct contract. They asked me for ID verification and some other questions. ID has been verified more than two days ago but I still havent received any message yet from Upwork. I already answered the question which Upwork asked for and I am looking at my ticket screen al the time.

I have almost 10 Grand in my funds and I am unable to withdraw them for the last 4 days. I hope Upwork understand how difficult it is to go through for a freelancer.

Looking forward to hearing from Upwork on that soon!

Hi Yasir,

Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry for the delay in responding. I've followed up with the team handling your ticket on our end and can confirm that they've just recently followed up with you. You can rest assured they will continue to assist you further 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi 

Thanks for your response. I already sent them the message yesterday and waiting for the response for the last 20 hours now. The issue is that the questions they asked are pretty straight forward and routein ones(e.g why you use Upwork, Direct contracts etc) but still I didn't get access to my funds till now.

I will say again that having 10 Grand in your restricted account and still routein questions is something I am still trying to understand.

I expect that my account will be all normal by the end of today and I request you to catch up with them again in case if they need something else from me as well.

Thanks!

Hi Luiggi

Colby from Upwork support updated me that we are waiting for my client to answer a few questions. I asked my client and he didn't receive any email with questions from Upwork.

Can you please follow up on my Request # 41579290 and let me know when my client will receive the questions and to which email address? 

Me and my client are trying our level best to expedite the review process but somehow I am feeling a little weird once I heard from him that he didn’t receive any email from Upwork.

Hi Yasir,

We understand how you want this issue with your financial account resolved immediately. However, I can see that you've been coordinating with the team via email and support ticket. The team has provided you with more information and further instructions on how to proceed with the issue on this ticket. Please continue coordinating with the team through that single ticket so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay M

All the process of my ticket #41579290 is completed but somehow Upwork is still taking time to get back to me with news. My account is still restricted.

I wanted to know if is it because of the weekend that I am not getting any response from Upwork support.

Looking forward to hearing from you asap! 

Yasir, I'm sorry if this has inconvenienced you in any way; I can see that you followed up with the team yesterday. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to get back to you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members