cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the job open when client already hired someone?

Community Guru
Gabor K Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
11 of 16

This does not make any sense at all. At least, the system should send out a notification to everyone who applied to the given job, stating "someone has been just hired on a job that you have applied to". Until that, it's just fishing at night.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
12 of 16

Hi Gabor,

That information is already available on the job post page, under the "Client Activity on this Job" section.

Community Guru
Tom R Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
13 of 16

So the system will ask a client "How many freelancers do you need for this job?" if they choose 1 and then hire 1 the job should be considered awarded and new applications should be denied.

1. It stops the client from receiving additional applications for the job when they don't need to hire anymore people.

2. It stops freelancers from wasting connects on a job that already has been awarded and they aren't hiring for anymore.

Community Guru
Ashish K Member Since: Mar 1, 2016
14 of 16

I had raised this issue of old inactive job posts before. The reply I got was that they will consider it, but it is not on their priority list.

Ace Contributor
Alif Andriyanto A Member Since: Jun 11, 2016
15 of 16
From my perspective, it's a dirty way to burn connects.

If I'm have a project and already choose my contractor, why would I need to be bombarded by new project proposal?

The project have been started, just block any new new proposal until I fire the current contractor. Pfttt!!
Grammar nazis - Cakap Melayu la kalau terer sangat. Takat bahasa Inggeris boleh la nak eksyen.
Yulia K Member Since: May 16, 2017
16 of 16

May Be Client Need more then one freelancer for his/her job, or some times newbie freelancer was not done the job correctly not every freelancer... so if the freelancer was not done the job correctly according to client instruction then client endded the contract and leave feedback and then again hired an other freelancer for his/her jobs..

Thanks 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS