cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why was my profile discovered 0 times last week (year)

Tudor S Member Since: Jun 28, 2015
1 of 7

This is mostly a curiosity, I'd like to know why my profile is never viewed (i believe since I created the account ~2 years ago my profile was discovered 3 times in total).

I started to seriously work through oDesk in May and I already work 2 "permanent" jobs so I'm not really worried currently, but would be good to know how this works.

Could it be because I have no feedback at all, even though I have 200+ hours worked and decent scores in 5+ tests?

Thank you for any info you could share.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 7

@Tudor S wrote:

Could it be because I have no feedback at all, even though I have 200+ hours worked and decent scores in 5+ tests?

Tudor, I'm sure lack of feedback is a factor. When I look at your profile, the first thing that stands out is the 0 star rating, and I don't think you have much of a Job Success score, if any. So, unless you can persuade one of your old clients to give you some feedback, you'll have to make sure the next client who hires you leaves feedback. Also, whenever you apply for a job, make sure you mention you have 254 hours at Upwork.

3 of 7

You definitely need to get some feedback. You may need to work a few low-paying projects or short-term projects in order to get feedback, but you can ask the person who hires you to leave you positive feedback if you know they are happy with your work. Or even if you have some reviews from outside upwork that you could at least post on your profile, people might start to trust you more. You have to be extra charming to win those first few jobs and good feedbacks. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 7
Re: "but you can ask the person who hires you to leave you positive feedback"

You can ask a client to leave you feedback.
You can ask a client to leave you honest feedback.
You are not supposed to ask a client to leave you positive feedback.
Tudor S Member Since: Jun 28, 2015
5 of 7

Great, thanks for the explanation, indeed I have no Job Success.

I also don't have any 'old clients', since I started I only worked for the same 2 clients and the jobs are permanent/long-term positions.

Do I have to wait until contracts actually end?

Is it possible and in accordance to Upwork rules to receive any kind of feedback during jobs in progress?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
6 of 7

re: "Is it possible and in accordance to Upwork rules to receive any kind of feedback during jobs in progress?"

The answer is pretty much "no."

When you have a long-term client, meaning you have been working with that client for at least 3 months... then that counts positively toward your JOB SUCCESS score.

Your Job Success score IS SHOWN on your profile page where clients can see it.

So you can have something positive EVEN IF you only have clients you've been working with for a while and they like you so much they have never stopped paying you to work for them.

But that is NOT FEEDBACK.

In order to get feedback from them, you would need them to CLOSE the contract and leave you feedback.

But TECHNICALLY, you asked about "jobs in progress." You can close a CONTRACT, and continue working on the same "job" or project.

Say your client wants to pay you more... They could close your contract, give you feedback, and open a new contract with you.

Or, if you're doing fixed-price contracts, they might all be for the same client and the same "job," but each individual task could be a different contract, and the client could leave you feedback for each one.

You could even stop and start a contract without the pay changing. Maybe the client is stopped because it describes something different than the next phase of work you'll be doing. You could ask the client to stop the contract and start a new one.

Or you could just tell your client that your profile would benefit from having feedback, and ask them if they'll be willing to stop your contract, leave feedback, and start a new contract.

Artem B Member Since: Sep 3, 2018
7 of 7

Hello guys!
I am wondering why I have the same proble. But, I have 13 jobs with feedback, more then 2000 hours, 100% job success, top rated label.

Could anybody eplain me the reason, why nobody look at my profile anymore ?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS