cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow... just wow...

Community Leader
Asif R Member Since: Jan 7, 2015
11 of 25

Odesk Management should really hire some responsible staff members to solve members problems accordingly and with some sensible replies. Copy pasted reply made members MAD :-)

Asif Rehman
Community Leader
Lillian T Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
12 of 25

Natasa, Thanks for reaching out. I have looked into your oDesk profile, and found that we have taken no action on your account that would change your invitation settings. I am going to have someone contact you directly, so you can troubleshoot this issue.

I also want to take the time and thank you, for your great work on oDesk. You have completed over 62 job, and have a 5 star rating with 100% Job Success. This is wonderful. Please know that someone will reach out to you via email in the next 48 hours. 

Untitled
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
13 of 25

48 hours??

Wow - just wow

Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
14 of 25

Thank you Lillian. I really appreciate your help. 

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
15 of 25

She got a better reaction then I did with my issue. I only got mine was being looked into and still nothing back for 2 days and my feedback is still missing. 

Ace Contributor
Nick M Member Since: Jul 12, 2011
16 of 25

I'm glad i'm not alone. I was, at one point, getting 2-3 job invites PER DAY and now i've not had any job invites for the past few months -- how exactly does that logic work? It's not a matter of people not needing to hire anyone or not liking the look of my profile, the simple fact is that i'm not being displayed in the search results in my rightful place.

I have a 91% satsifaction rating over 108 hours and 100+ jobs on oDesk, along with a 4.95 star rating, which I think is a very high standard, particularly in relation to the number of contracts i've completed.

Rahul S Member Since: Mar 16, 2015
17 of 25

I was just thinking if we all can have a talk with ANY responsible person in oDesk who seriously wants oDesk to continue even after 2 years? At the current situation, where oDesk has all the signs of going to ruins in next couple of years; I do not think this is the issue only with the Customer Support. We need someone in the higher administration who can really work out these issues which almost every experienced contractor is facing from time to time.

We seriously need to consider this option as we all are in blank here.

Community Guru
18 of 25

She got a better reaction then I did with my issue. I only got mine was being looked into and still nothing back for 2 days and my feedback is still missing. 

Suzanne, that is unfortunately the only thing I got - a reaction in this forum. I have since Lillian's reply been trying to explain my issue to two other reps with no luck. The first one couldn't see an issue with my profile (???) so I sent some examples from clients' replies telling me about the recommended feature to pinpoint the issue and help Customer Support find the problem, and I got back generic reply by another rep thanking me for "sharing my experience" with oDesk and to rest assured they are working on improving oDesk as a marketplace for everyone. 

Ticket: Solved

What the...

Are you kidding me oDesk?!?! Why is everyone reluctant to help??? It's like going round in circles without any solution to the problem. 

I have had the exact same generic replies from Customer Support since 2014 and things have only gotten worse. 

------------------------

Update: 

I just received an email from someone who is going to take a look at my issue and see what the problem is. I will close the ticket since it has been taken care of by someone else. 

Thank you. 

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
19 of 25

Natasa,

Hope you get your issue resolved. It seems mine is by default, but I was told wait for support to help and mine was supposedly sent to engineering. 4 days and no reply no response, second ticket was not merged with first just closed.

I am not sure why it is so hard for their customer service to send a note before they close a ticket and ask if there is anything else they can help with and let you know they are going to close it. It takes a whole 2 seconds to do it. Sigh...

Community Guru
20 of 25

Hope you get your issue resolved. It seems mine is by default, but I was told wait for support to help and mine was supposedly sent to engineering. 4 days and no reply no response, second ticket was not merged with first just closed.

I am not sure why it is so hard for their customer service to send a note before they close a ticket and ask if there is anything else they can help with and let you know they are going to close it. It takes a whole 2 seconds to do it. Sigh...

I know, right?Smiley

Well, at least the person who contacted me was kind enough to tell me they will look into this issue. It may take him some days to get back to me but that is fine with me. I have been having issues since 2014, so what's a few more days?

By the way, I was told by two different reps that oDesk is currently working on making adjustments to our Recommended Freelancers algorithm and that we can expect improvements soon. I guess we have to wait and see.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS