🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your financial account has been suspended. To...
Page options
envoys
Community Member

Your financial account has been suspended. To proceed, please contact Customer Support.

Hello, help please solve this: your financial account has been suspended. To proceed, please contact Customer Support.

144 REPLIES 144

Hi Kingsley,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your financial account and your experience with the support team. I have followed up with the team handling your request and one of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
6936441d
Community Member

I am having the same problem, my financial account has been suspended for no reason and no notification email. I withdrew payments few times already and never had any issue before. That is definitely ridiculous.  捕获.JPG

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chen, 

It looks like there's an issue with your Paypal account. The Customer Support Team will contact you directly to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
neodctr
Community Member

I have same problem Anyone can help me please.

Hi Jefferson,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
875e14d3
Community Member

Hello,

I have the same problem here. I've lost my card last weekand I reported to bank and they disabled the card, however now I've added a new card and still I can't pay.

Please help

Hi Mohsen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
1d1e6f07
Community Member

I was working on the project as usual. I finished several projects and decided to withdraw money from my account to pay some of my bills. When I tried to withdraw money, I received the error message, "Your financial account has been suspended.". To proceed, please contact Customer Support." I have not yet received a single email concerning this issue.
For the same issue, I submitted ticket #36992333, but I have not received a response. I have active contracts with clients and am unsure whether to continue working or stop. I would appreciate it if Upwork could resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Hi TUAN,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents lareday followed up and shared additional information regarding your concern. You can access your tickets on this page.

If you need any further assistance or if you have further questions feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
1d1e6f07
Community Member

Thank you for your quick support. 

For anyone with the same problem: you can remove your PayPal account and link it again. 

I hope this information will help others

19f4b374
Community Member

Hi Marat, 

I'm experiencing the same problem. I tried reaching out to CS but got no reply yet. They don't have a live chat support agent anymore do they? 

Hi Kerwin,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
1e17e725
Community Member

This also happened to me. Idont know why thwy suspended my account. It's dellaying all my tasks

Hi Mark,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola, I am experiencing this same problem. I am a top rated freelancer and received zero indication that there was a problem. I am now trying to withdraw funds and this is creating enormous stress, as I am unsure as to whether or not I should continue work on my current projects. Thank you. 

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket and shared additional information regarding your concern You can access your ticket on this page.

If you have further questions or if you need additional assistance feel free to follow up with our team on your ticket and they will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
828b19ae
Community Member

Hello I have the same issue. My upwork account is all good but the financial account is suspended and I cant withdraw my pay. Please help as I need the money asap

Hi Cherry Ann,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. Please expect an update on your ticket here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
828b19ae
Community Member

Hello Arjay - one of the support says they already lifted the financial suspension but when I tried, I still wasn't able to withdraw my pay. This is frustrating, I'm getting anxious about whether when I can get my hard-earned money or if I'll be able to ever get it. Please help

Community Member

Hi there,

Not sure why I'm getting the same error:

Your financial account has been suspended. To proceed, please contact Customer Support.

I haven't asked anyone to pay me outside of Upwork so not sure why this is affected.

I could really use the help!

Kind regards,

Mike 

Hi Mike,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
1cdcd535
Community Member

How can I take support from Upwork? When I try to take support from Upwork then I get robot support.

Hi MD Raju,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ehtasham_47
Community Member

Hi, 
I am facing this same issue that my financial transactions are suspended and I dont know what to do. Can someone please guide me through this so that I can transfer my money to my bank.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you and how long will it take. Because the issue came like this that first my account got limited i wanted to buy connects and freelance premium but i was not able to because of limited transaction and today when my project money got cleared i tried to withdraw it says your financial account is suspended. I want to fix this issue as soon as possible so that i can buy connects and stuff.

Hi Muhammad,

Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. You can access your support tickets here

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi I am facing another issue now that after getting the message from upword support it mentions that the client if doing some bad things on there end thats the reason this happened so now they said whether i end the contract or wait so i want to end the contract but this is the screen i see and when i try to access my ticket it asks for a username and password i tried giving my id and password of upwork but its not working can you please help me with this.

ehtasham_47_0-1683394621344.pngehtasham_47_1-1683394664024.png

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing your ticket. Could you please try clearing your browser cache and cookies or try accessing from a different browser? Let us know if the problem persists so we can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

My issue of accessing ticket is resolved but the other issue of payments is still there but the ticket. Please recheck and see the screenshot mentioned above that my issue is still there. Please help me out with this.

Hi Muhammad,

I can see that you've recently responded to your ticket regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Today all of sudden as i chose to reverse the funds of ongoing project as my client side had issue i completed my work i dont know what did they do but my account is being held restricted because of that. I have never done any kind of issue then why is my account being held but client said their side is working fine they are giving projects to other people and are being accepted then why am i being dragged. But this is giving me loss that my money got returned to client even though i worked for whole month.

7168b2e8
Community Member

Hi everyone. My financial account has been suspended about 3 months ago, I've been talking with Customer Support since then giving them all the information they needed, every proof and aditionnal ones they asked for. But we haven't heard for them for a month now and I'm getting very tired. I've worked hard to earn that money and I feel I am being robbed to be honest. Please do something in the next days or my client is going to ask for a refund and I'll use another platform. Best, 

Hi Alexandre,

I can see that you recently followed up with the team via your support ticket; kindly allow 24-48 hours for them to get back to you and assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
33c7b746
Community Member

Recently, I got a client on discord. I did all the work for him but when It came to payment, He could only do it by paypal and we dont have paypal in our country so I asked him to pay via upwork. He paid via upwork and then upwork suspends my financial account. I'd like to know if I did anything wrong. My account is also verified with the check mark and I've uploaded my image again too . 

Hi Ghani,

I see that you mentioned your client suggested paying through PayPal. I want to clarify that you should never accept payments for completing contracts outside the platform. This is considered Circumvention, and it's a serious violation of the Terms of Service.

I see you already have a ticket regarding your concern where the team is assisting you. Kindly continue communicating with the team via your ticket to resolve the issue.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
33c7b746
Community Member

No, I bring him to Upwork to pay me here since I didn't have PayPal in my country.

4be17024
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue, Yes I asked payment outside Upwork. It's my first payment and it says "Your financial account has been suspended." Its been almost 2 weeks i raised tickets. I get no responce which is really bad. Please make it fast check my docs, reach out to me if needed but simply delaying is annoying. My next payout is on Wednesday. And I'm done waiting. Please resolve it. Upwork Team.

Hi Mohammad,

I can see that you've already raised a support ticket, and the relevant team is already reviewing it. Please allow more time for them to finish reviewing your case; you can rest assured that they'll get back to you.

To help us streamline the process, please refrain from creating multiple tickets or posts about the same issue. This allows our team to assist you more efficiently and get you the best possible outcome faster. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
4be17024
Community Member

It's been almost 2 days. I got no responce and only 1 day left for wednesday. Please help its urgent.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members