Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blocking a person

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
31 of 35

Devin C wrote:

I like Tara's suggestion regarding clause. Freelancers shouldn't be spamming employer unless employer asked that person to followup in few weeks/months time. Perhaps add in "Do not disturb unless necessary" feature on the employer's side, which freelancer can see and may (or may not) honour; while allowing employer the discretion to block freelancer if found to be spamming or is making situation uncomfortable. Blocking is a bit harsh and can be unnecessary however it would be great having an option to mute the freelancers for a couple days/weeks as warning that unsolicited message isn't welcome. Muting will allow freelancer to adjust their behaviour/approach while at the same time, not cutting them off entirely until employer unblocked the person.

Or, the client could simply make a grown-up, professional response such as "Thank you for reaching out, but I don't have any work for you at this time. I get a lot of inquiries and it slows things down quite a bit, so please wait to hear from us rather than checking in for work--if anything comes up that you're a good fit for, I'll be sure to reach out."

Devin C Member Since: Jul 19, 2019
32 of 35
Great suggestion so will try that. Thanks!
Ace Contributor
Samuel W Member Since: Apr 21, 2015
33 of 35

Thanks Valeria

Dnyaneshwar K Member Since: Jun 8, 2017
34 of 35

Hello upwork team,

I am facing the same issue, help me with blocking few freelancers from sending msgs,

Thanks

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
35 of 35

Hi Dnyaneshwar,

Can you confirm you're having issues with some of the invites you're getting from certain clients you'd like to block?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS