Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bonus pending

Highlighted
Abderrahmane B Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
1 of 12

Hello

a client pay me for an additional work I did for him as a bonus not as a milestone the money is there on report page but it show as pending other milestine show the date the money will be available for transfer is this normal? or this mean there should be additional actions frm the client? (see attach)

thnx for your help and hope the answer will be usefull for others too 

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 12

Abderrahmane, that's completely normal. Every payment you receive through Upwork has a 5 day security hold, during which it will be Pending. Once 5 days are passed, the payment will become Available.

Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 12

Just be patient. If it shows as pending it means you'll see it become available soon. The client DOES NOT need to do anything else.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Abderrahmane B Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
4 of 12

ah ok thank you very much for the quick reply both, I know about the security period of 5 days what made confused is that it don't show the date and show pending instead.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 12

If it shows pending, rather than the date, then the client has NOT paid yet.

This is normal for a number of hours after the payment was issued because Upwork charge in "runs" once a day.

If it is still showing as "Pending" after more than 24 hours, then the client's payment method has probably declined the charge for the bonus.

The 5 day security period starts once the payment has been charged successfully, and that is when the date shows.

a "Pending" in the left hand period always means the payment has not yet been either charged at all (if less than 24 hours) or the charge didn't go through (if much more than 24 hours.)

So it totally depends on what time of the day the client issued the bonus. If it is before the daily charge-run, the date it will become available will appear that same day.

If the bonus was issued after the daily charge-run, it will be caught on the next day and start showing the day it will become available the next day, and a day later than the milestone was released. This is because a milestone is funded immediately when the client sets it up, so when it is released it shows up as pending with a date more or less straight away, as the money is already "there."

Highlighted
Rahul T Member Since: Mar 7, 2019
6 of 12

What happens after if it still shows Pending after 15 days and the client also doesn't respond?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 12

Rahul T wrote:

What happens after if it still shows Pending after 15 days and the client also doesn't respond?

Literally nothing. It will sit there, pending, until all eternity unless the client appears and sorts it out.

Highlighted
Er C Member Since: Sep 15, 2019
8 of 12
What happen if it is not already in pending and not also in available? I look at the transaction history. It says refunded bonus.
Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 12

Hi Er, 

It looks like you are referring to Ref ID #294076812. Your client sent you a bonus on 2-April (Ref ID #293091681). But it looks like the transaction was reversed. If you check your account, you will see that the contract is suspended. 

This means that there is an issue with the client's account and they need to resolve the issue first in order for the suspension to be lifted off the contract. I am unable to share more information about your client's account, but if you have further questions regarding the bonus payment, you can reach out to your client for more information. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Tamim A Member Since: Sep 6, 2020
10 of 12

Hi petra , my client pay me a bonus of 100$ 5 days ago but in pending balance i am seeing pending instead of data , how can i deal with this , should i ask to my client or upwork solve this ...?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS