imrana_sadaf

cancellation of name change request

hi, 

i am imrana , newon odesk. i am facing one problum . i send request for changing name on odesk by mistake. now i want to cancel this request, how can i cancel thisafter sending this request?

22 REPLIES 22
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Imrana,

I have checked and it looks like your name change request has already been cancelled. Also, make sure you update your profile picture in order to be able to apply for jobs on oDesk. You can find more information in the notification that was sent to you.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork

HI 

My upwork name is "sukhwant grewal"

but my bank name in "sukhwant singh"

what to do now ?

I request for changing name but it shows "required idenity varification" . But no option to upload scan documents. 

And also upwork need billing statement. But I don't have that. Also mention company name. But I am a freelancer, I don't have any company. What to do ??

Thanks & Regards

Sukhwant Singh Grewal

Check your Upwork E-mail.then i hope were have a link for Upload Document.

Hi Sukhwant,

Please communicate with Customer Support regarding your ID verification and the name change. Note that your Upwork profile name has to match your legal name that you use on your bank account. You can contact your bank to receive a statement and use it for your ID verification.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I have the same problem. Unfortunately, I requested for "name change" but I do not want to change my name. How can I cancel my name changing request? Please help me. My payments are not adding in my profile. How can I cancel the request and continue my present name?

@El M wrote:

I have the same problem. Unfortunately, I requested for "name change" but I do not want to change my name. How can I cancel my name changing request? Please help me. My payments are not adding in my profile. How can I cancel the request and continue my present name?

Is your present name your real, legal name as it appears on your ID documents?  

Yes.

I want to ask that why my ID will go to suspension? I am 18 years old and I have already applied for a National ID card and is has accepted. But it will take few months to hand over me. So it is not possible for me to give a national ID verification. What can I do now?

Sorry I did not get your question. My current name is my nick name. But it is not my proffessional name.

@El M wrote:

Sorry I did not get your question. My current name is my nick name. But it is not my proffessional name.

You can not work on Upwork under a nickname. Your profile must be under your real, legal name as you enter into legally binding contracts with clients.

Your attempt to change your name has triggered the need for ID verification, and you will now need to verify your identity and that ID will have to match your account name.

If I want to give my legal name, what should I do now?

@El M wrote:

If I want to give my legal name, what should I do now?

You will HAVE to set your profile to your own, legal, real name, so go ahead and do that. then undergo ID verification.

At the same time you may want to double-check that your profile photo is also a photo of you, not of someone else, or you'd face another problem.

Is it maybe possible that you accidentally uploaded the wrong picture....?

No it is not. Everything in my profile is real. my photo, my informations and other things. Only I used my nick name as ID name. This is the problem. My photo is real and it is me.

Hi El,

You name change request has been cancelled. However, you still need to complete you ID verification. Please, refer to the open ticket and communicate with the team about it.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Can you help me please? I am very confused now. Smiley Sad

@El M wrote:

Can you help me please? I am very confused now. Smiley Sad

Well, basically you made a mess.

When you signed up you were told that you must give your real, legal, name. You chose to ignore that and tried to work under a fake name.

You will HAVE to change your profile name to your own, legal, real name, so go ahead and do that. Then undergo ID verification.

At the same time you may want to double-check that your profile photo is also a photo of you, not of someone else, or you'd face another problem.

Is it maybe possible that you accidentally uploaded the wrong picture....?

No it is not possible. Everything in my profile is real. my photo, my informations and other things. Only I used my nick name as ID name. This is the problem i did. My photo is real and it is me. i want to solve it.

Hi El,

Please, go to your Settings > Contact Information and submit a name change request like you did before. Please, use your real name. You will still need to complete the ID verification.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
redfx

hi, 

i am manu mohan  , upwork i am facing one problum . i send request for changing name on oupwork  by mistake. now i want to cancel this request, how can i cancel thisafter sending this request?

hi,
i am manu mohan , . i am facing one problem . i send request for changing name on upwork by mistake. now i want to cancel this request, how can i cancel this after sending this request?

@Manu M wrote:

hi,
i am manu mohan , . i am facing one problem . i send request for changing name on upwork by mistake. now i want....

You mean you changed your name deliberately, but changed your mind when asked to verify your identity.....

Hi Manu,

Please, note that the name on your Upwork profile has to be your real legal name and has to match the name on the payment method you are using. You can't use another person's payment method.

I see you already have a ticket about this issue and the team will address your concern shortly.

~ Valeria
Upwork