🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » client is not responding
Page options
6a03271c
Community Member

client is not responding

A month ago, I secured a client on Upwork for the purpose of designing the inner pages of his website. The project was agreed upon at a rate of $450 dollars, of which $250 was placed in escrow. I completed the work and delivered all pages within a week, including the source files upon his request. However, upon providing these files, the client ceased communication with me. The following day, he informed me that he also required me to develop these pages over WordPress and that he would share the necessary credentials shortly. Yet, once again, he has not responded to any of my messages or attempts to contact him in the past month.

I am currently in a position of financial need and require assistance. As I am in dire need of funds, may I inquire if Upwork offers any support for freelancers in such a situation?

Sincerely, 

Arwah Moten 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

If you submitted the files using the "submit" button, the payment is released after 14 days, regardless of whether the client responds. If you haven't done this, do it now (just hit the "submit" key and put in a message like "all files delivered"). 

If you did all of the work even though the client only funded part of the project, then you made a mistake. If $250 is in escrow and the client has disappeared, then $250 is all you'll get paid.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
0a8d9c15
Community Member

Hi Arwah, if the payment is verified you just have to wait for 14 days until the escrow release the funds to your account, then you just have to wait for another five days until funds are fully available for you to retire them.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Whenever a freelancer says "the client is nor responding", it means they don't understand how to use Upwork properly.

As a freelancer, I get paid AUTOMATICALLY.

It DOES NOT MATTER if a client responds. I get paid the same amount.

ri3dviz
Community Member

You should not release final work until the escrow is fully funded for the agreed contract amount. They paid half, you could give them half if you wanted but I wouldn't do that, the only leverage you have against bad actors is to hold onto everything until paid in full.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

If you submitted the files using the "submit" button, the payment is released after 14 days, regardless of whether the client responds. If you haven't done this, do it now (just hit the "submit" key and put in a message like "all files delivered"). 

If you did all of the work even though the client only funded part of the project, then you made a mistake. If $250 is in escrow and the client has disappeared, then $250 is all you'll get paid.

6a03271c
Community Member

"I AM REPOSTING THIS MESSAGE AS I DID NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM UPWORK IN MY PREVIOUS POST."

A month ago, I secured a client on Upwork for the purpose of designing the inner pages of his website. The project was agreed upon at a rate of $450 dollars, of which $250 was placed in escrow. I completed the work and delivered all pages within a week, including the source files upon his request. However, upon providing these files, the client ceased communication with me. The following day, he informed me that he also required me to develop these pages over WordPress and that he would share the necessary credentials shortly. Yet, once again, he has not responded to any of my messages or attempts to contact him in the past month.

I am currently in a position of financial need and require assistance. As I am in dire need of funds, may I inquire if Upwork offers any support for freelancers in such a situation?

Sincerely, 

Arwah Moten 

I think he scammer there is payment method is verifyed or not?

Yes it's verified 

re: "I AM REPOSTING THIS MESSAGE AS I DID NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM UPWORK IN MY PREVIOUS POST."

This is not Customer Support.

This is the Community Forum.

You have already received thorough, accurate responses from members of the community.

re: "I am currently in a position of financial need and require assistance. As I am in dire need of funds, may I inquire if Upwork offers any support for freelancers in such a situation?"

No.

Absolutely not.

You may not state that you need money and therefore expect Upwork to send you money. That is not how this works.

Arwah: I am sorry if you feel distressed or disappointed right now.

If there is something you don't understand, you may post additional questions in this thread. But reposting the same question is not going to change the facts. You made a mistake. Sorry. The important thing to do now is to learn from your mistakes and not make the same mistakes again in the future.

This is NOT an Upwork Support issue. There is no action for Support to take. Nothing for Upwork to do. The freelancer needs to click "Submit for Payment". The client has not violated any Upwork rules by not responding. Clients are not required to respond.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members