🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » fee of $30 USD
Page options
14e03a67
Community Member

fee of $30 USD

Hello, I am new to Upwork so I would like veteran users to clarify this question for me; apply for a job posted on the platform; The job consists of transcribing text from an image to word, but to do that job I must pay a fee of $30 USD (Refundable in case of success upon completion of the second task). This requirement seems suspicious to me, since I am the one looking for work. I would like you to guide me if that is normal on this platform, and if not, how to review the profile of the contractor and report it.

I also want to say that the rate increases to $150 according to the number of pages and the amount to be paid for the task.

3 REPLIES 3
colettelewis
Community Member

It's a well-known scam. Report the client and move on.  

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Allyanna C.,

There is no situation in which you should ever pay a client any amount of money other than through the Upwork payment system.

And this never includes payment from you to a client in order to be awarded a new job. 

artist78
Community Member

Any job post that asks you to pay instead of paying you is definitely suspicious, its simple common sense. Don't fall for the lucrativeness of what they offer in return- which is usually a ridicously high rate for work that definitely isn't worth that much. Both are red flags. Stay away from such job posts.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members