🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » fixed price project
Page options
jonathancastro39
Community Member

fixed price project

Hello, I have worked with a client on a fixed price project, where the first milestone is $25, the work had nothing to do with the description and he had a project with multiple errors, making it impossible for his application to work with his low budget, I sent him the integration that he requested for his budget of 25$ and now he refuses to pay because he wants me to fix all the errors that his website has, send the .zip files with the integration and now the client disappeared and even removed access to your server.

Then will I receive my payment? I have sent the .zip files through upwork and the request has not been accepted by him, this client lost me 4 days of work

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Jonathan C.,

I hate to see other freelancers victimized by this sort of bait-and-switch, but don't let any client force you to do work that you never agreed to do and for which they are not offering you sufficient payment.

You can avoid this problem by only doing hourly projects, but that may not always be an option. Use of an hourly contract is almost a necessity with clients who have no history of successful projects on Upwork or who have a negative history of relations with their previous freelancers.

If you submitted the work properly via the Upwork submission process on a funded milestone, the client will likely have to pay you (provided their payment method is legitimate). But you may have to go through the dispute process, if the client refuses to release payment.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Jonathan C.,

I hate to see other freelancers victimized by this sort of bait-and-switch, but don't let any client force you to do work that you never agreed to do and for which they are not offering you sufficient payment.

You can avoid this problem by only doing hourly projects, but that may not always be an option. Use of an hourly contract is almost a necessity with clients who have no history of successful projects on Upwork or who have a negative history of relations with their previous freelancers.

If you submitted the work properly via the Upwork submission process on a funded milestone, the client will likely have to pay you (provided their payment method is legitimate). But you may have to go through the dispute process, if the client refuses to release payment.

Good luck!

prestonhunter
Community Member

Jonathan: You made a mistake.

This was the freelancer's mistake. Not the client's mistake.

You accepted a contract using the fixed-price contract model, but this is an hourly contract.

You need to study more about fixed-price contracts. You are not yet ready to accept fixed-price contracts.

jonathancastro39
Community Member

the client finalized the contract and asked for the refund, i am started a dispute for the material sent through the platform

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members