🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » how to refund amount to client after transfer...
Page options
mohitagr
Community Member

how to refund amount to client after transferring amount to bank account

I want to make a refund to client but I have already transferred amount to my bank account.

How can I make a refund to client now? 

Can I bank transfer amount from my bank account to upwork balance.

After that, I beleive I can make a refund to client.

If some one has gone though this and could offer advice, that would be really helpful.

Thanks in anticipation.

13 REPLIES 13
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Mohit,

As stated in this article, you may only refund an amount that is less than or equal to the lowest of the following:

• Net total transactions on the contract in the last 180 days
  • Available balance in your Upwork account, including pending transactions and submitted milestones

Thank you.

Untitled

Thanks Ryan for response.

I see there is some way for situations where amount is not adequate to make a refund to client. 

Please check this post 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/How-to-give-refund-if-not-enough-balance/m-p/438607#M267...

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohit, 

I checked your account and can see that you already have an open ticket with the team. I have followed this up with them so that they can get back to you with more information. 

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!

~ Avery
Upwork
mohitagr
Community Member

Thank you Avery.

I thought it would be good option to check with community members also once while waiting for response from support team.

Appreciate your follow up here.

Hi Avery, 

After intial answer from upwork support team member, I had few more questions and I have requested fom help 3 times by 3 diffrent comment posts since last evening but unfortunately I am not able to receive any response.

I think you are able to see my support case. Could you help me with answer for queries? Probably you might know answer for my questions.

Thank you.

Hi Mohit,

Your issue has been escalated and one of our team member will get back to you directly to the ticket thread. Thanks for your patience.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Thanks Jo-An B.

I hope that some would be able to reply my queries doon.

Appricate your support here.

Hi Jo-An B,

Unfortunately I did not get any response form UpWork support team till now.

Is Upwork support team off on weekend.

Please see if some one can help me here soon.

Thanks again.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohit, 

It looks like the team is still investigating this further. Once they have more information, they will get back to you on the same ticket thread.

~ Avery
Upwork
mohitagr
Community Member

Thanks Avery for response.

It was a standard query so I thought there would be a standard answer to this, nothing like investigation kind of issue.

But unfortunately it is taking more time then expected.

I just hope that some would come back to me soon with required information.

Hi Avery,

Good evening.

Please let me know if there is a way to get response bit faster for my query like if I can reach out to support team at some contact no.

I am looking for a resolution soon so that I can satisfy my client needs.

Thanks in anticipation.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry for the delay, Mohit. I went ahead and followed this up with the Customer Support Team so that they can get back to you the soonest. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mohitagr
Community Member

Thanks Avery for follow up. I am just hoping to get answer for my queries soon.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths