cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am unbale to get single interview but why ?

Lata J Member Since: Nov 27, 2014
1 of 4

I am 3 years old freelance in odesk and suddenly, i am unbale to get any interview. Also no decline what happen ..?

Thanks

Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
2 of 4

Hey,

Getting an interview is down to your own ability to sell yourself in your cover letter since this is usually the first thing clients will look at. If you aren't getting ANY interviews and you keep appyling to jobs relevant to your skillset - then I'd suggest revising your profile.

Don't use a generic cover letter, make each one original. 

Clients initiate interviews, so if you've applied for a job it could mean:

• The client is still waiting for applicants to apply
  • The client's currently interviewing
  • The client's forgotten 

Focus on your cover letter, try and get the client's attention quickly. Attach some similar work so the client can see your skill. 

Good luck 

Ace Contributor
Suriya B Member Since: Nov 28, 2014
3 of 4

Same thing is happening with me. There is no reply of so many cover letters for the last two months.

Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
4 of 4

A lot of people are complaining about this.

They used to get a lot of interviews but once oDesk started hiding applications that they decided did not fit well with the job, the interviews stopped coming.

There's really not much you can do about this. From reading various posts, people (including clients) were complaining that the best freelancers were being hidden.

I don't think oDesk has made any changes so all you can really do is keep on applying and try to make sure that you meet all the requirements for the job.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS