🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » i have not hired by any one in the past 3 mon...
Page options
Md Shariar H Community Member

i have not hired by any one in the past 3 month been doing a client job will it reduce my jss score?

See my profile if you can

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Abid K Community Member

Your Job Success Score (JSS) on Upwork is influenced by various factors, including client feedback, job success rate, long-term relationships with clients, and the overall quality of your work. While it's difficult to provide a definitive answer without knowing all the details of your specific situation, I can offer some insights that may help you understand how the JSS is calculated.

The JSS is based on a complex algorithm that takes into account multiple factors, including public and private feedback from clients, the success of your completed contracts, client recommendations, and the overall activity on your Upwork profile. While completing client jobs can positively impact your JSS, not being hired by anyone in the past three months might have an effect on your score.

However, it's important to note that the JSS is calculated over a 24-month period, and the impact of any particular event diminishes over time. If you have a strong history of positive client feedback and successful projects, a temporary lull in new contracts may not significantly reduce your JSS.

To improve your JSS, focus on delivering high-quality work, maintaining positive relationships with clients, and actively seeking new opportunities. Engage in effective communication, meet deadlines, and ensure client satisfaction to increase the likelihood of receiving positive feedback.

Additionally, expanding your skills, updating your portfolio, and actively bidding on relevant projects can help attract potential clients and increase your chances of getting hired. Remember that JSS is just one aspect of your profile, and continuously improving your skills and delivering excellent work will contribute to your overall success as a freelancer on Upwork.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Abid K Community Member

Your Job Success Score (JSS) on Upwork is influenced by various factors, including client feedback, job success rate, long-term relationships with clients, and the overall quality of your work. While it's difficult to provide a definitive answer without knowing all the details of your specific situation, I can offer some insights that may help you understand how the JSS is calculated.

The JSS is based on a complex algorithm that takes into account multiple factors, including public and private feedback from clients, the success of your completed contracts, client recommendations, and the overall activity on your Upwork profile. While completing client jobs can positively impact your JSS, not being hired by anyone in the past three months might have an effect on your score.

However, it's important to note that the JSS is calculated over a 24-month period, and the impact of any particular event diminishes over time. If you have a strong history of positive client feedback and successful projects, a temporary lull in new contracts may not significantly reduce your JSS.

To improve your JSS, focus on delivering high-quality work, maintaining positive relationships with clients, and actively seeking new opportunities. Engage in effective communication, meet deadlines, and ensure client satisfaction to increase the likelihood of receiving positive feedback.

Additionally, expanding your skills, updating your portfolio, and actively bidding on relevant projects can help attract potential clients and increase your chances of getting hired. Remember that JSS is just one aspect of your profile, and continuously improving your skills and delivering excellent work will contribute to your overall success as a freelancer on Upwork.

Jeanne H Community Member

Unfortunately, the chatbot or cut and paste doesn't address the freelancer's question.

Jeanne H Community Member

Not having a job, by itself, will not cause your JSS to go down. When Upwork updates the scores every two weeks, your JSS can change, and the same is true for updates at 6, 12, and 24 months. The reason it changes is because jobs and money earned cycle out of the JSS calculation.

I looked at your profile and I would recommend you go to the Academy links at the top of the page and learn about the rules and how to make a profile. Currently, it is far too long with a long list.

What usually drops the JSS is poor private feedback from the client. Check the "My Stats" under "Find Work." See how many clients recommend you for a better idea of real feedback. You've had a couple of clients who weren't happy, but your JSS isn't that bad, and you can certainly recover.

Don't focus on the number. Craft excellent proposals, telling the client how you will do the job better than anyone else.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members