🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » if I close my account just after having paid ...
Page options
bplaney
Community Member

if I close my account just after having paid my montly fee, will I get to use the remainder?

Or will Upwork refund the "unused portion"?

This format is utterly worthless to me. I have 30 years of experience as a freelancer (that in itself is a sign I know what I am doing) and have not gotten, after more than 6 months here, a single project for which I am eminently qualified. Just a couple jobs that together added up to less than $300.

And there's NO way to know why. No feedback from those who didn't hire you, no guidance in any way on what made the difference when the client chose someone else. No comments on the portfolio, no comments on pricing. It's totally flying blind.

You cannot even know whether your proposal was even looked at!

Honestly, at this point I'll do way better working in an Amazon warehouse.

My account renewed 5 days ago, so Upwork already has my payment for the next month. If I cancel the account, what refund will I get?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi William, 

I'm sorry to know that you feel Upwork is not the right place to do your freelancing business. A lot of freelancers in the Community have shared that it really takes some time for their profiles to skyrocket.

Please take into consideration that there are already a lot of freelancers in the same job category. It's always best to differentiate yourself from other freelancers in your job category. As a pro-tip, it's always best to talk about how your skills, and experience will help a client in their project, or with their problem. The same goes for when you write your proposals. 

I would recommend that you check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

I have asked the Customer Support Team to issue a refund for the membership fee that was charged to your account. Please know that with this refund, the Connects that were issued this billing cycle will also be refunded. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi William, 

I'm sorry to know that you feel Upwork is not the right place to do your freelancing business. A lot of freelancers in the Community have shared that it really takes some time for their profiles to skyrocket.

Please take into consideration that there are already a lot of freelancers in the same job category. It's always best to differentiate yourself from other freelancers in your job category. As a pro-tip, it's always best to talk about how your skills, and experience will help a client in their project, or with their problem. The same goes for when you write your proposals. 

I would recommend that you check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

I have asked the Customer Support Team to issue a refund for the membership fee that was charged to your account. Please know that with this refund, the Connects that were issued this billing cycle will also be refunded. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members