🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » my Upwork Account Problem seems upwork is jus...
Page options
rolando_ferrer
Community Member

my Upwork Account Problem seems upwork is just gaining money through my connects

Hello, it's been months my account was closed, and here is something a dude hire me for a job and we did the project for a weeks and then he just told me that upwork stopped/deactivated his account so he can't pay me he told me it through telegram contact, upwork is just like gaining my revenues since my account was in private and then i've tried submitting 1 or 2 proposals but back then i didn't know that if someone is in private they can't hire or see me, so i asked upwork about this problem and make my account public account, as of now i've tried proposing to others jobs, and you know what happened? it just stated in my notifications that they're job is already closed ,it might be they tried hiring me and their account also just got closed and deactivated, i am trying to earn here since it's still pandemic in my country philippines, but upwork is just wasting my money, so please someone help me, from 59 connects down to 5 connects

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Rolando H. F wrote:

Hello, it's been months my account was closed, and here is something a dude hire me for a job and we did the project for a weeks and then he just told me that upwork stopped/deactivated his account so he can't pay me 

If the client had hired you properly, you'd still have been paid because the money would have been in escrow if it was a fixed rate contract, or you'd have tracked your time if it had been hourly.

Your account is also not closed. It's open and visible

Rolando H. F wrote:

it just stated in my notifications that they're job is already closed 

Yes, job posts are closed when a client hires someone (else) or closes the job post or it expires. 

Rolando H. F wrote:

it might be they tried hiring me and their account also just got closed and deactivated, 

No.

Rolando H. F wrote:

, i am trying to earn here since it's still pandemic in my country philippines, but upwork is just wasting my money.

There is a pandemic all over the world. That's why it's called a "global" pandemic. Upwork is literally drowning in freelancers who are trying to get work online because of the pandemic.

Upwork isn't wasting your money. You are. Your profile looks sloppy. Like you made no effort at all. It also seems there is a disconnect between you advertising yourself as a senior full stack developer when you just left high school and have 0 employment history......

well someone hired some company hired me as their software engineer and security engineer at the same time , since i've got skills sorry

it's been 2 years now since i've been working with them , i just wanted some part time here for extra $$$

martina_plaschka
Community Member

They are called clients, not dudes. 

Disagree. Clients  are not always clients but scammers and don't even merit "dude". Real clients can be dudes. 

The OP got just about everything wrong, as Petra has already enumerated, but the OP can be forgiven for using "dude". It is a  current US term and the OP may just have learned this on the way. It is not necessarily disrespectful. 

oh okay thanks for letting me know

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members