Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: notifications

Highlighted
Ramunas K Member Since: Jan 19, 2015
1 of 8

Hi,

I wonder why I don't get email notifications about new job posts, although I have checked the relevant checkbox.

Thanks,

Ramunas

Highlighted
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
2 of 8

The main site is buggy and so is the forum so if you expect to be notified too when people reply here, you're in for more disappointment.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Highlighted
Community Guru
Manish A Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
3 of 8

Dianne, please for my knowledge , if you can tell whether running core site and community on different systems at a time causes violation (acceptable to suspension). 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
4 of 8
I really don't know Manish. I've been wondering the same too. I hope the mods clarifies this.

I'm logged in to both at the same laptop. There was a time I'm logged in at two laptops but that was because I'm switching laptops because I like the other one's keyboard more. So far no problem yet.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Highlighted
Community Guru
5 of 8

No, actually, I wanted to be updated on forums while working. Smiley LOL

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
6 of 8

Some oDesk notifications work and some don't (surprise surprise). The forum notifications have never worked (well, that is, there seems to be a less than positive status in their functioning). Please be patient. The good and hardworking technical people who work really hard and tirelessly will get round to it one day and we should be grateful for that. I certainly am.

Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 8

Thanks SB.

keep it as smaller as

I could view.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 8

Hi all,

Thank you for your comments. Ramunas, could you please contact Customer Support about the issue with the notifications, they will provide you with further information and assistance.

As for the email notifications for the posts on the forums, it is among the features to be fixed and implemented in the future, however currently we are working on the more pressing issues.

Manish, there shouldn't be any problems with using different computers for logging into your oDesk profile and browsing the oDesk Community.

Thank you for your understanding.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS