🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » open job proposal from fraud
Page options
6f2d0260
Community Member

open job proposal from fraud

Hello..
I am new to upwork, trying to make a career. I see many job post and when I submit my proposal. These clients direct me to telegram and whatsapp and ask for IP agreement / membership fee / project fee. They say that if i pay the fee, they will give me the project. of course, i never paid any fee.
I just want to clarify if upwork authority can make the client make their payment verified and payment made before posting any job post.
And now I see that many clients openly share their telegram and whatsapp link in the job post. is this legal?

And a humble request, can it be made possible if low paying project can be made available especially for newbie freelancer?
I see that many senior freelancers have 10+ ongoing projects and newbie freelancer like me can’t even catch a single project.
(If my sharing hurt anyone, then I'm truly very sorry)
This is a humble opinion from a newbie freelancer, as I’m a expert in my field and want to provide my service to the community.

with regards

Toshi

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi R Toshi,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience. I checked the job post you were referring to and it seems that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account.

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members