Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payments

bernatdalina
Dalina B Member Since: Jun 7, 2016
11 of 22

it is under in review tab

and the upwork account is associated with the paypal account of mauritius, the old one, and i logged in the old paypal account, there is no card registered , i think i deleted it long ago to close the account

bernatdalina
12 of 22

contract under fixed rate

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 22

OK,

Your client has not released the funds yet, so there is no rush. The client has up to 2 weeks to review your work and either request changes or release payment. When they release payment the funds move to "pending" for a further 5 days. Only then will the money appear in "Available" and only then can you withdraw.

It might be best if you add your bank account in France if you have one, or open one if you don't have one and want to regularly work online.

You want to remove your Upwork email address from your Mauritius Paypal account and add it to your French PayPal account. Alternatively you can change your Upwork email address to match your French PayPal email address.

bernatdalina
14 of 22

ok for the payment answer, thanks.

When i created the paypal account (france), i used my husband email adress to create it as with my upwork email address, it said " an email is already created.

To make short,

upwork account is related to the old paypal account (same email)

and paypal new account is that of my husband. I would like to change the paypal email address and put the new one because even if i add the old paypal address to the new one, no banking information is registered there, only country (which i try to edit but in vain )

i am lost

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
15 of 22

Up work hates it if you use another person's email address or other people's names for your financial accounts.

Upwork wants to see the name on financial accounts match the name you use for your Upwork account. Likewise with email addresses.

It is not clear to me why you would set up a PayPal account using somebody else's email address. PayPal accounts can be set up for free. You can get your own email address for free.

bernatdalina
16 of 22

too complicated, i think i am too deceive to continue working on this website.

I am from mauritius, got married and arrived in France since one year, i don"t work, i use my husband credit card because opening a banck account means paying 10 euros per month for a card i am not using and no money on it.

So tell me clearly, what must i do now?

If i will not be able to receive the money for which i worked,?

it is unfair and upwork should state all the regulations when someone create an account.

bernatdalina
17 of 22

i think you did not read the whole history. I use a different email because when i created the paypal account, it told me that an acct was already created ( i had an old paypal acct which i had closed before arriving in france, its been years did not remember any banking information nor had the card to use the acct)

bernatdalina
18 of 22

i am thinking of something , tell me if that will work or not?

- What if with the new paypal account i add a second email adresse (the old one which is also related to my upwork account) ?Bearing in mind that no banking information is registered on the old paypal account and that on my upwork account, the paypal email address seen is the old paypal?

is it clear or i am a bit lost in my explanation?

- Will it be a problem if countries are different on the two links account?

- where will the upwork funds go?

A friend helped me creating my upwork acct but did not tell me the email should be the same etc.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
19 of 22

You can add the email address your Upwork account is associated with to your French PayPal account, but really you should have your OWN email and your OWN PayPal account, and not be using your husband's ....

bernatdalina
20 of 22

I have a last question if i create a paypal account with a new email address and then i edit my email address o upwork so that both matches .

With the Tab " Get paid ", when choosinf the paypal method, will i be able to edit the old email paypal address to the new one?

Up to now, it says " need to wait 3 days to be active "

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS