cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paypal links are broken....

Highlighted
michael w Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
1 of 7

New user trying to setup profile here....

I have a paypal account, all verified, but when trying to set that up, UPWORK syas that a) my paypal is not verified and cant be used, and b) wants my credit card details directly which I am very uncomfortable with, and c) directs me to a 404 page. 

What's wrong guys?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 7

Hi Michael,

Could you please try adding your PayPal account using a different browser or after clearing cache and cookies? Also, make sure that your PayPal account is not only verified but also has a valid payment source (like a credit card) linked to it.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
3 of 7

Hi Valeria, thanks for trying to help. 

I have scrubbed my browsers, IE and Chrome - deleted everything, Same old problem. 

Billing Methods 

We are sorry but we cannot setup PayPal as your payment method because it is not verified. Please verify your PayPal account or add a credit or debit card

This is silly, 

The support person Jun Kevin Flores says to me:
  • "We don't have any problems. This ticket is now resolved".
  • I say, well then if I can't pay you, you may as well close the account.
  • Then upwork says they are sorry to see me go?!?!?!?
I don't want to go. I WANT TO PAY YOU MONEY. Upwork just doesn;t want to fix anything,. 
Am I the only one that thiks this is madness? 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 7

Hi Michael,

I apologize about the frustration this has caused you. However, when the error like that shows, it means that the PayPal account is not verified. Please, refer to this page in PayPal Help Center for more information about the account verification. 

Unfortunately, we do not have access to your PayPal account to check whether or not it's verified. Please, check with PayPal support team to confirm that the account is verified.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 7

To verify a Paypal account, you have to attach a bank account or credit number to it. They are doing it because unverified Paypal accounts are risky. Anyone can open one.

Highlighted
6 of 7

Valeria, Jennifer, thanks for trying. 

You seem to have missed the point. I am paypal verified. I have a credit card loaded, I have a merchant ID. 

You're making it sound s if I am using paypal for the first time as well as I'm trying to use upwork for the first time. This is incorrect. 

I have been using paypal for years. 

It is UPWORK that says "We are sorry but we cannot setup PayPal as your payment method because it is not verified. Please verify your PayPal account or add a credit or debit card"

It is upwork that provides the link that doesn't work. That little blue word in your message "verified" contains a hyperlink to this address: https://cms.paypal.com/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=security/verification_faq

That address does not exist. That address is on the UPWORK system. On the UPWORK site. 

1. I have been using paypal for years, and thought I'd try start using UPWORK, 
  2. The UPWORK paypal integration doesn't work,
  3. The IPWORK link to the issue doesn't work,

I don't know what else to say. 

Highlighted
7 of 7

Well, this is embarrassing. 

Turns out my paypal account was not verified. I am totally embarrassed, and reasonably confused. 

I recently replaced my credit card, and decided to examine my paypal account carefully. I discovered a tiny little link, written in a 8pt font, buried two levels under some menus that said "get verified". Which I assumed meant I was not verified. A couple of clicks and I am now apprently verified, and I have managed to complete my upwork profile. 

My humble apologies Valeria & Jennifer. 

There is still a link on upwork that needs fixing, but the underlying problem was indeed my issue, and has been fixed. 

Cheers

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS