cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

profile assessment

Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
11 of 14
Thanks Preston. I'm looking at profiles when signed in as an oDesk member though. My profile is private at the moment because I'm not looking for work. However, my non-Odesk work history is very important and I would be very angry if oDesk decided to hide it.
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
12 of 14
Hmmm... Marcia, I am not sure what you are seeing, but I will elaborate about what I see. My oDesk work history is shown. I have never seen that be hidden. Of course I would think that is a disaster if that was hidden because that is presumably a large part of reason people hire me. To be perfectly clear, it is my non-oDesk work history that is not showing, and I believe that is not shown on many contractor profiles that I see.

It sounds like you see your non-oDesk work history, but you do not see such history on the profiles of many other contractors. I do not know why that is the case and can only conjecture that there is an algorithm that stipulates when to hide or show non-oDesk work history. There is certainly no button or option that I am aware of which controls this.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
13 of 14

My own profile is hidden (private), so I don't know what would be seen if it were visible.

I'm also noticing that freelancers claiming to be designers don't have portfolios. I don't know if oDesk is hiding portfolios or these freelancers don't have the common sense to realize that clients will want to look at examples of their work.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
14 of 14

I bet they have not posted portfolios. I have not spent much time compiling a portfolio. Been too busy working to do so. But I have definitely never seen my portfolio hidden.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS