🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » strange offers, whatsapp and telegram request...
Page options
rolludesig
Community Member

strange offers, whatsapp and telegram requests

hi all,

since last 2-3 days i have got 2-3 interviews and infact offers too where clients simply move to whatsapp and ask for things which were never in the scope of the project description or strange terms.

one client wanted me to use time tracker on offering the project but on completion wanted 50% payment back..i rejected his offer citing its aganist the upwork terms..but what i am wondering is some sorts of scammers doing all this?

8 REPLIES 8
spectralua
Community Member

Nothing strange, scammers as scammers.

so what can be done if a verified client asks for discussing the project on whatsapp after awarding the project

You can ask to speak via Upwork only. You not must to use Whatsapp. Then reject offer if client force you.

Verified client mean nothing. Only lazy scammer still unverified here.

hmm okay i will really keep this in mind now onwards ..thanks 🙂

tom_l
Community Member

Hi Rahul,

I wouldn't put too much confidence in what**Edited for community guidelines**says, he very seldom gives the correct answer.

1. Terms of service say that you cannot communicate outside of Upwork channels until the project has been awarded. After that, you can communicate via any channel the customer prefers. Upwork does recommend keeping the conversation within Upwork messaging system so there is a record, but not mandatory.

2. As to the 50% refund to the client - If you need to ask that type of question, maybe you need to hone your business skills before continuing.

spectralua
Community Member

Please explain what your accusation means that I always give wrong answers.

2779bde0
Community Member

Upwork is full of scammers. If you have serious doubts about any job, run away, quickly.

yofazza
Community Member

I see you posted here occasionally and kind of surprised knowing you never read threads about such scams 😀

The 'client' will pay in Upwork, and it will be taken back after you send him the 'refund'..

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members