🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » un responsive clients
Page options
a483e9a5
Community Member

un responsive clients

Hello All, 

I have a question.
I have got 2 different hourly work about 3 weeks ago but my clients don't respond to me, whenever I send them messages or emails they don't answer or they answer very late so I don't know what is the next step!
Then, I don't work for the hours that I suppose to. It affects my income and I think it is not good for my job success on Upwork.
I would like to ask you do you have any suggestions or ideas about it?

Thank you so much for your help. 

Maryam

4 REPLIES 4
a_lipsey
Community Member

Take on additionaly clients so when clients are too busy to answer you can switch to a different client. The strategy is knowing that you are going to have to wait on clients from time to time, so having work ready to do to fill that time. You basically have to get it set up so your clients are leapfrogging each other in time blocks, if that makes sense. You work for client A for 4 hours, then send them information and wait for instructions, while you wait, you switch to client B, same thing, then switch to client C, then client A gets back to you, so you pick up and complete work for client A, etc. It takes practice to juggle clients, workflow, and manage your projects, but I would simply take on other clients while you wait at this point. You could even send them a message and let them know when you need an answer by, something like "Hello Mr Client, I sent you XYZ assignment for feedback two days ago. I need your revision requests by Tuesday so I can complete them by the requested deadline. If I do not get them by Tuesday, it will take an extra day to complete. I just wanted to let you know so you could plan accordingly. Let me know if you have any questions." 

This is the nature of freelancing - clients aren't required to hurry up and give you work, nor are they responsible for providing you with a steady income. (Unless they specifically asked you to be available for certain hours each week.) As Amanda says, you don't have to wait around for them; you can look for additional work to fill the time. Just make sure that you keep everyone up-to-date about your availability, and let clients know how soon you need to receive instructions in order to meet their deadlines. It does require some juggling and you'll undoubtedly find that sometimes you'll have too much work, and other times not enough. That's completely normal.

But you don't have to worry about it affecting your job success, as long as you've been paid for even a few minutes of work on both jobs. (And of course, the clients need to be happy with your work, which they may not be if you send them lots of messages implying that they should hurry up and get back to you.)

Thank you so much for your answer Christine. 

Yes, you are right but as I mentioned I am worried about my Upwork job score as well. 

I will apply for more jobs until these clients answer me. 

Thank you again. 

Regards

Maryam

Hello Amanda, thank you so much for your reply.

Yeah, you are completely right. But I found out that contracts without activity can affect on Upwork job score. am I right?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths