should lol

welcome to upwork

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 19

@Adnan N wrote:

Please guide me what should i do?

You should correct your stated English fluency (Your English is far from "Fluent") and in future you should not pressure clients to hire you before the interview process is completed.

As far as this client is concerned: Ignore him.

adnannazir43
Adnan N Member Since: Nov 3, 2017
14 of 19

Thanks 

lenaellis
Lena E Moderator Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
15 of 19

Hi Adnan,

If you would like to report a message you receive in Messages, you can click the gear icon shown next to the timestamp and select "report message". 

Untitled
hfspeegle
Community Guru
Heath S Member Since: Mar 16, 2016
16 of 19

@Jess C wrote:

@Adnan N wrote:

Still unethical!

Yeah, that word doesn't mean what you think it means. Rude, yes, but nothing to do with ethics.

The obvious solution is not to work with that client.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
17 of 19

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

this is great.

This is gonna get deleted and i want to thank my efrands for sending this to me so I don't miss it.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
18 of 19

On the one hand, I agree that OP probably misunderstood the meaning of the word unethical. On the other hand, many, if not most, ethical systems contain some sort of golden rule, and thus using profanity the way the client did *would* be unethical, at least if I were the client. And granted the client might have been provoked a bit, but 2 wrongs don't make a right. Cat Wink

Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
19 of 19

Adnan= As always, I'm late to this and haven't seen the message between the client and you because it's been deleted. But looking at what was paraphrased, IMO I think both of you were rude, unprofessional and just to quick on you responses. And perhaps both of you misunderstood each other.

Because freelancing is a business you need to be more diplomatic and professional in your responses.And if the client comes back with rude unprofessional remarks, you can just block them and walk away.

Just because a client interviews you, does not mean you will get the job. The interview phase is where you find out what's expected of you, that both of you understand each other, and any details or information that's needed is given to you to look over. If the client doesn't think you are a good fit for them they can interview and pick someone else. And even if the client give you a contract, if you feel the job is not a fit for your skills, or after talking to the client you feel that they are not a good fit for you to work with, you can decline that offered contract.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS