🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » upwork asked me for my first and last name wh...
Page options
0015f19b
Community Member

upwork asked me for my first and last name when i was registering

upwork asked me for my first and last name when i was registering, So what about my father the other names like my grandfather and more?

How can I provide upwork with my full name or is there a specific time that upwork will ask me for the other information?

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "upwork asked me for my first and last name when i was registering"

That is correct.

That is normal for Upwork to do.

Also, that is pretty much what every other website everywhere does when you register.

Also, if you got a job working at a physical location in your hometown, the employer there would probably ask you for your first and last name.

re: "So what about my father the other names like my grandfather and more?"

Upwork did not ask for the names of other family members. It will not ask.

re: "How can I provide upwork with my full name?"

By answering the question.

For example, if your name was "John Smith," then you would type "John" into the field labeled "first name", and you would type "Smith" into the field labeled "last name."

re: "is there a specific time that upwork will ask me for the other information?"

No,

There is no time when Upwork will ask you for the names of your father or grandfathers.

Thank you for the professional reply

researchediting
Community Member

Ossama I wrote:

upwork asked me for my first and last name when i was registering, So what about my father the other names like my grandfather and more?

How can I provide upwork with my full name or is there a specific time that upwork will ask me for the other information?

Ossama,

I am inferring from your question that the naming system you use does not correspond to the common convention of first/given name and family/surname. As Preston suggests, that is the only name format and information Upwork will be interested in. The most critical thing to know about your name on Upwork is that it should correspond to the name on your payment method.

For more particulars, others in your situation may chime in here. Or you may want to speak to someone you know who does business using an international/global service. Again, the critical thing for Upwork is that your registered name and the name on your payment method should be the same.

Best,

Michael

Thank you it's already the same

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members