myra-radlow

using a new device - not true

When I logged into my account, the upwork system told me that I was using a new or unrecognized device. Not true.  I have only logged into upwork using my computer (a mac).  A few minutes later the upwork system sent me a message asking if I was the one who logged in.  This has happened once before.  Why does the upwork system occationally not recognize me/my computer?

4 REPLIES 4
manikhossain1

I have seen the same problem. Is I face any problem with my acc

I've had a support ticket open for about a week now on this very issue. It happens to me every single time I login.

So far, the latest is "It requires further research."

jcullinan

@Myra R wrote:

When I logged into my account, the upwork system told me that I was using a new or unrecognized device. Not true.  I have only logged into upwork using my computer (a mac).  A few minutes later the upwork system sent me a message asking if I was the one who logged in.  This has happened once before.  Why does the upwork system occationally not recognize me/my computer?

Check your browser settings re: cookies. If a certain cookie is not stored on your computer when you log in, Upwork assumes you're logging in from a different one. It's no big deal.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Myra and others,

I'm following up with the team regarding the issue with login you are experience. You shouldn't receive that notification if you are logging in from your usual device. We'll investigate it further.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

UPDATE: The notifications about unrecognized device were sent to some users in error because of a technical issue that has since been fixed. We apologize for the confusion.

~ Valeria
Upwork