🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » wasted my connects on a sketchy job, is there...
Page options
716c3ccd
Community Member

wasted my connects on a sketchy job, is there a way to get them back?

I've recently applied for a job in a "travel agency" as a social media manager, apparently this was a job with task such as creating reels, but when i got messaged by the client, this is about creating airbnb accounts with a vpn from the US, which is probably a scam and nothing alike to the job I applied to. I'd love to know if there's any way i could get these connects back and properly report this client. Have a good day!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Clara,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this. You can definitely report suspicious activities by using the flag option throughout the platform. Once identified as a scam by our Trust & Safety team, you'll get the Connects used for applying for the job.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cf05215b
Community Member

I'm sorry to hear that you encountered a job posting that appears to be misleading and potentially fraudulent. In situations like this on Upwork, you can take the following steps:

1. Report the Client: You can report the client to Upwork for posting a job that violates Upwork's terms of service. To do this, go to the job posting and click the "Flag as inappropriate" or "Report Job" option. Provide specific details about the issue, such as the misleading nature of the job.

2. Contact Upwork Support: Reach out to Upwork's customer support and explain the situation. They can provide guidance and investigate the issue further. They may also be able to assist with any concerns about your Connects.

3. Recover Connects: If you believe you used Connects for a job that is not as described or is potentially fraudulent, you can request that Upwork investigates the situation and potentially refunds your Connects. Be sure to provide all relevant details and evidence when contacting Upwork support.

4. Stay Cautious: It's important to be cautious on freelance platforms and avoid engaging in activities that seem suspicious or fraudulent. Protect your personal information and only accept job offers that align with your skills and the platform's terms of service.

Remember that Upwork takes these reports seriously and has measures in place to investigate and address fraudulent job postings. Your reporting helps maintain the integrity of the platform.

ArjayM

Hi Clara,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this. You can definitely report suspicious activities by using the flag option throughout the platform. Once identified as a scam by our Trust & Safety team, you'll get the Connects used for applying for the job.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members