Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why are desktop times in UTC?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 14

@Florence W wrote:

I came to this post, because my times are out of synch with my clock.  Being kind of new here, I don't want my new client to think I'm incompentent about some things and don't know how to set my time on UpWork correctly.  Has anyone had a problem with the timer issue and your client?  If so, how have you handled it - do you just tell the client, it's UpWork that's funky and not yourself (in a nice way of course  :-)  )

Nothing is "funky" - the client can see your work diary in either their timezone, yours, or UTC.

client view.jpg

I've logged over 11.000 hours with clients all over the globe and have never once has a client mention, let alone question this.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Florence W Member Since: Mar 26, 2017
12 of 14

I had my time zone set.  I set it twice, it keeps going to 6 or 7 hours ahead.  Driving me nuts.  My client and I are in the same time zone.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 14

Florence, are you referring to your Upwork Desktop App or in your Work Diary?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Alyshia G Member Since: May 4, 2018
14 of 14

Exactly, Im confused about this also.  It's extremely confusing and also inaccurate.  Keeping track of hours we work is NOT supposed to be confusing at all.

Upwork needs to provide us freelancers with a clear explaination of the difference between "UTC and "My Local Time" and why there is always extreme differences in time logged.  This is raising some extreme concerns.   

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS