๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Profile Feedback ยป Profile Feedback ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ| Thanks
Page options
bd400dc1
Community Member

Profile Feedback ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ| Thanks

Hello freelancers! I'm new to Upwork and I want to develop and grow my business. Therefore, we need feedback very much. Let me know all your constructive feedback on my profile and if you have ideas that I should implement. Thank you...

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01d9e527d7e3f4b80f

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Hello Gulshat,

Welcome to Upwork.

I looked thorugh your profile and I see a few things you can change that might help improve it:

Photo: The first thing you should do is change your profile photo. The picture in your photo should be a close-up image of your head and shoulders that clearly shows your face, but without graphics, text or any other styling. Read through Upwork's best practices for How to Choose A Good Profile Picture.

Overview/Summary: Remove the word "PROFILE" from the beginning of your summary. Then, you must add more details to explain which services you provide and how it benefits clients. Here are things clients look for that will add value to your summary:

• What can you design? (e.g., flyers, logos, banners, menus, business cards, corporate branding, etc.)
  • Tell clients how you communicate and gather feedback to ensure the final product meets their needs.
  • Do you provide unlimited revisions? Do you offer follow-up support after a design project is completed?
  • Highlight any design projects you have worked on and your accomplishments.
  • Talk about your ability to meet business challenges and adapt to changing or new requirements if necessary.

Clients are looking for reasons to choose you and the information you provide can help them better understand why they should hire you and how it will benefit them.

Also, since your title focuses on graphic and presentation design, I recommend not mentioning writing services; you can use a specialized profile to offer writing services. (See note at the end.)

Skills: You are missing important skill categories in your skills list. You mention Graphic Design and Adobe Creative Suite in your title, and both should be in your skills list. Upwork uses these skill categories to match you with relevant jobs, and to help your profile appear in search results when clients search for those skills. It's best when the keywords in your title, summary, and skills list are aligned.

Since writing and graphic/presentation design are not related, you should add a Specialized Profile to focus on your writing services or other unrelated services. Having a specialized profile can help increase a freelancer's searchability.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
celgins
Community Member

Hello Gulshat,

Welcome to Upwork.

I looked thorugh your profile and I see a few things you can change that might help improve it:

Photo: The first thing you should do is change your profile photo. The picture in your photo should be a close-up image of your head and shoulders that clearly shows your face, but without graphics, text or any other styling. Read through Upwork's best practices for How to Choose A Good Profile Picture.

Overview/Summary: Remove the word "PROFILE" from the beginning of your summary. Then, you must add more details to explain which services you provide and how it benefits clients. Here are things clients look for that will add value to your summary:

• What can you design? (e.g., flyers, logos, banners, menus, business cards, corporate branding, etc.)
  • Tell clients how you communicate and gather feedback to ensure the final product meets their needs.
  • Do you provide unlimited revisions? Do you offer follow-up support after a design project is completed?
  • Highlight any design projects you have worked on and your accomplishments.
  • Talk about your ability to meet business challenges and adapt to changing or new requirements if necessary.

Clients are looking for reasons to choose you and the information you provide can help them better understand why they should hire you and how it will benefit them.

Also, since your title focuses on graphic and presentation design, I recommend not mentioning writing services; you can use a specialized profile to offer writing services. (See note at the end.)

Skills: You are missing important skill categories in your skills list. You mention Graphic Design and Adobe Creative Suite in your title, and both should be in your skills list. Upwork uses these skill categories to match you with relevant jobs, and to help your profile appear in search results when clients search for those skills. It's best when the keywords in your title, summary, and skills list are aligned.

Since writing and graphic/presentation design are not related, you should add a Specialized Profile to focus on your writing services or other unrelated services. Having a specialized profile can help increase a freelancer's searchability.

Good luck!

bd400dc1
Community Member

Hi Clark 

Thank you very much for your help and sparing your valuable time for me. You helped me a lot. I applied the advice you gave.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths