🐈
» Forums » Profile Feedback » Profile feedback
Page options
3500d03a
Community Member

Profile feedback

Hi every one

my name is Ezz Eldien deghedy.

I am new to upwork and i would be very thankful for every one's support and guidance when it comes to my profile.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Hi Ezz Eldien,

Welcome to Upwork.

There is good information in your profile. I think you can enhance your overview/summary in a few ways:

1) Remove this: "Greetings, I'm Ezz Eldien Deghedy." Why? Because when clients search for freelancers, only the first 200-225 characters of your summary are shown. This means you have very little space (approximately two short sentences) to get their attention. You want clients to see their goals (your services and results) in this small space. You want to avoid wasting space on greetings and names; clients can already see your name displayed on your profile.

2) Add more information that shows the benefits of hiring you:

• Tell clients how you communicate and gather feedback to ensure the final design meets their needs.
  • Do you provide unlimited revisions? Do you offer follow-up support after a web project is completed?
  • Since web development is a project, mention your time management and organizational skills.
  • Highlight any similar projects you have worked on and your accomplishments.

3) Add a blank line and space between paragraphs to make your summary easier to read.

Your portfolio, skills, certifications, and employment history look good. However, your hourly rate is a bit low. I looked at the profiles of 50 Front-End Developers based in Egypt and most are between $10.00/hr - $25.00/hr, depending on experience.

You may want to add one or two Specialized Profiles that focus on specific services or completely unrelated services. Having a specialized profile can help increase a freelancer's searchability.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
celgins
Community Member

Hi Ezz Eldien,

Welcome to Upwork.

There is good information in your profile. I think you can enhance your overview/summary in a few ways:

1) Remove this: "Greetings, I'm Ezz Eldien Deghedy." Why? Because when clients search for freelancers, only the first 200-225 characters of your summary are shown. This means you have very little space (approximately two short sentences) to get their attention. You want clients to see their goals (your services and results) in this small space. You want to avoid wasting space on greetings and names; clients can already see your name displayed on your profile.

2) Add more information that shows the benefits of hiring you:

• Tell clients how you communicate and gather feedback to ensure the final design meets their needs.
  • Do you provide unlimited revisions? Do you offer follow-up support after a web project is completed?
  • Since web development is a project, mention your time management and organizational skills.
  • Highlight any similar projects you have worked on and your accomplishments.

3) Add a blank line and space between paragraphs to make your summary easier to read.

Your portfolio, skills, certifications, and employment history look good. However, your hourly rate is a bit low. I looked at the profiles of 50 Front-End Developers based in Egypt and most are between $10.00/hr - $25.00/hr, depending on experience.

You may want to add one or two Specialized Profiles that focus on specific services or completely unrelated services. Having a specialized profile can help increase a freelancer's searchability.

Good luck!

3500d03a
Community Member

Thank you very much clark

I will update my overview taking your notes into consideration, but regarding my hourly rate it is low because I am starting and I don't have any projects yet ,nor a feedback on Upwork.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths