🐈
» Forums » Profile Feedback » Profile review
Page options
dc1d6a77
Community Member

Profile review

I would really appreciate it if someone reviewed my profile and gave me feedback on what to improve. 

Here is the link https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/oksanag10 

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Hi Oksana,

Overall, I think your profile looks great, but I want to focus on your overview/summary. I think your summary should go further to help clients better understand the value in working with you. Sure, you have great skills, and the education and background, but clients will find similar across the thousands of 3D modelers and architectural designers here on Upwork.

Here are my recommendations for improvement:

1) Capitalize the first letter of each word in your title; this will help it stand out. And, always capitalize the "D" in "3D" unless you're referring to Autodesk 3ds Max: Architecture | Design | 3D Modeling | 3D Printing

2) As stated above, I think your summary should give clients more details about your abilty to help them. I think your paragraph is a great second paragraph, but for an introductory paragraph, I would immediately establish your expertise and mention your services. For example:

I'm an architectural designer with 14 years of experience managing small and complex architectural design projects. I help businesses with planning and research and development (R&D) of buildings and structures from concept and drafting to modeling and visualization.

As a designer with diverse skills, I have worked on various architectural projects, providing end-to-end solutions and support to clients. My expertise includes creating virtual reality tools, designing customized interfaces to boost sales, leading R&D teams, and collaborating with cross-functional teams on projects of all sizes on value-based priorities. My passion for R&D stems from my training as an architectural designer, and it continues to inspire me in my work.

You can remove the content I wrote, but you get the general idea. Introduce your experience and an overview of your services up front. Then, give potential clients your value proposition (i.e., what differentiates you from other R&D focused architectural designers and why they should choose you.) For example:

• Tell clients how you communicate and gather feedback to ensure their project progresses smoothly.
  • Which 3D modeling tools and software applications and tools do you use?
  • Do you provide unlimited revisions when building 3D models? Do you offer follow-up support after a project is completed?
  • Since a R&D can be an in-depth design project, mention your time management and organizational skills.
  • Highlight at least one 3D modeling and/or R&D project you have worked on and your accomplishments.
  • Talk about your ability to meet business challenges and adapt to changing or new requirements if necessary.

Your portfolio, skills, and employment history look great.

3) You should also consider adding a project catalog. The project catalog allows you to setup a pre-packaged service that clients can buy without you sending a proposal. Due to higher than usual requests for project catalogs, reviews and approvals are taking 10 to 30 days to complete. Read Get Started With Project Catalog for more information.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
celgins
Community Member

Hi Oksana,

Overall, I think your profile looks great, but I want to focus on your overview/summary. I think your summary should go further to help clients better understand the value in working with you. Sure, you have great skills, and the education and background, but clients will find similar across the thousands of 3D modelers and architectural designers here on Upwork.

Here are my recommendations for improvement:

1) Capitalize the first letter of each word in your title; this will help it stand out. And, always capitalize the "D" in "3D" unless you're referring to Autodesk 3ds Max: Architecture | Design | 3D Modeling | 3D Printing

2) As stated above, I think your summary should give clients more details about your abilty to help them. I think your paragraph is a great second paragraph, but for an introductory paragraph, I would immediately establish your expertise and mention your services. For example:

I'm an architectural designer with 14 years of experience managing small and complex architectural design projects. I help businesses with planning and research and development (R&D) of buildings and structures from concept and drafting to modeling and visualization.

As a designer with diverse skills, I have worked on various architectural projects, providing end-to-end solutions and support to clients. My expertise includes creating virtual reality tools, designing customized interfaces to boost sales, leading R&D teams, and collaborating with cross-functional teams on projects of all sizes on value-based priorities. My passion for R&D stems from my training as an architectural designer, and it continues to inspire me in my work.

You can remove the content I wrote, but you get the general idea. Introduce your experience and an overview of your services up front. Then, give potential clients your value proposition (i.e., what differentiates you from other R&D focused architectural designers and why they should choose you.) For example:

• Tell clients how you communicate and gather feedback to ensure their project progresses smoothly.
  • Which 3D modeling tools and software applications and tools do you use?
  • Do you provide unlimited revisions when building 3D models? Do you offer follow-up support after a project is completed?
  • Since a R&D can be an in-depth design project, mention your time management and organizational skills.
  • Highlight at least one 3D modeling and/or R&D project you have worked on and your accomplishments.
  • Talk about your ability to meet business challenges and adapt to changing or new requirements if necessary.

Your portfolio, skills, and employment history look great.

3) You should also consider adding a project catalog. The project catalog allows you to setup a pre-packaged service that clients can buy without you sending a proposal. Due to higher than usual requests for project catalogs, reviews and approvals are taking 10 to 30 days to complete. Read Get Started With Project Catalog for more information.

Good luck!

dc1d6a77
Community Member

Clark, thank you so much for your detailed response! I will definitely update my profile according to your suggestions!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths