๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Profile Feedback ยป ๐ŸŒŸ Seeking Your Feedback ๐ŸŒŸ
Page options
7eda8e0b
Community Member

๐ŸŒŸ Seeking Your Feedback ๐ŸŒŸ

Hey Upwork Community,

As an active member of the Upwork platform, I'm constantly amazed by the talent and diversity within our community. Your experiences and insights are what make Upwork thrive, and I'd love to hear from you!

Whether you're a seasoned freelancer, a client who regularly hires talent, or just dipping your toes into the world of remote work, your perspective matters.

:magnifying_glass_tilted_left: What do you love about navigating Upwork? What could be improved?

๐Ÿ’ฌ How do you find communication and collaboration tools? Any features you wish were available?

:money_with_wings: Thoughts on the payment process? Smooth sailing or room for improvement?

๐Ÿค Have you interacted with Upwork support? How was your experience?

:glowing_star: On a scale from 1 to 10, how satisfied are you overall with Upwork? And what's the biggest factor in your rating?

Your feedback helps shape the future of Upwork, ensuring it remains the go-to platform for freelancers and clients alike. So, let's hear it! Share your thoughts, suggestions, and experiences below.

Grateful for your input! ๐Ÿ™

Abebe Zewde
link https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01159cb2a7b4b82543

#UpworkFeedback #FreelancerLife #ClientExperience

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Hi Abebe,

Since this forum is dedicated to profile feedback, I will focus on your profile. Here are my suggestions to improve your profile:

Title: Capitalize the first letter of each word in your title; this will help it stand out: Website Developer

Overview/Summary: Remove the first line and the first part of your first paragraph from your summary:

":rocket: Fueling Digital Dreams with Innovation and Expertise! :rocket:"
"Welcome to my digital playground! I'm [Your Name],"

Why remove them? Because when clients search for freelancers, only the first 200-225 characters of your summary are shown. This means you have very little space (approximately two short sentences) to get their attention. You want clients to see their goals (your services and results) in this small space--not emojis, marketing statements, greetings, names, or any unnecessary text.

Portfolio: Clients will expect to see more samples from a website developer and your portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression. I recommend adding one or two additional samples. If you donโ€™t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

Employment History: Add short job descriptions to each job in your employment history. A job description is especially important when the job is highly relevant to the services you provide on Upwork. Upwork uses keywords in job titles and descriptions to match you with relevant jobs.

You may want to add one or two Specialized Profiles that focus on specific services or completely unrelated services. Having a specialized profile can help increase a freelancer's searchability.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
celgins
Community Member

Hi Abebe,

Since this forum is dedicated to profile feedback, I will focus on your profile. Here are my suggestions to improve your profile:

Title: Capitalize the first letter of each word in your title; this will help it stand out: Website Developer

Overview/Summary: Remove the first line and the first part of your first paragraph from your summary:

":rocket: Fueling Digital Dreams with Innovation and Expertise! :rocket:"
"Welcome to my digital playground! I'm [Your Name],"

Why remove them? Because when clients search for freelancers, only the first 200-225 characters of your summary are shown. This means you have very little space (approximately two short sentences) to get their attention. You want clients to see their goals (your services and results) in this small space--not emojis, marketing statements, greetings, names, or any unnecessary text.

Portfolio: Clients will expect to see more samples from a website developer and your portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression. I recommend adding one or two additional samples. If you donโ€™t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

Employment History: Add short job descriptions to each job in your employment history. A job description is especially important when the job is highly relevant to the services you provide on Upwork. Upwork uses keywords in job titles and descriptions to match you with relevant jobs.

You may want to add one or two Specialized Profiles that focus on specific services or completely unrelated services. Having a specialized profile can help increase a freelancer's searchability.

Good luck!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths