🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Issue with "Client's recent history" section
Page options

Issue with "Client's recent history" section

Some users may experience issues with the "Client's recent history" section. You may notice that it is only showing Jobs in Progress. 

We shared your reports with our team and our engineers are working as fast as possible to resolve it. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Edited to add information. (06.06.2023) 

Hi All,

In an effort to clear any confusion, we would like to clarify that the "Client's recent history" section showing only Jobs in Progress is not a test or intentional update. This is a technical issue and we are working as fast as possible to resolve it.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we are working on resolving this issue.

Edited to update information. 06/21/2023

We would like to let you know that this issue is now resolved. Feel free to let us know if the issue persists on your end and we will be happy to assist you further. 

72 Comments
musicove
Community Member

In the client's recent history on any job post, only jobs in progress are shown, Arjay. We used to be able to view closed jobs as well as feedback left by the client and freelancer for the closed job. This appears to be impossible at this time. Hopefully, this is just a bug and not a new update.

bensonopena
Community Member

Just to add to this thread, I recently had an experience with the cancellation of a job posting and we are not refunded in full. I hope they are considerate enough to refund all connects if a job is canceled. I was only refunded with the boosted amount of connects (e.g. 8 is required to apply for a job and if you bid 10, 2 connects will be refunded)

kelly_e
Community Member

Arjay—Freelancers' REVIEWS of clients are gone from our view. Only a list of jobs-in-progress remains, which is useless data.

At the same time as Upwork has just re-doubled the connects to send proposals.

HOW are we supposed to decide if sending a proposal is worth FOUR TIMES what it cost a few months ago, when we can't see what previous freelancers thought of working with that client???

For 4x the previous cost to apply, I want to be CERTAIN that every client I consider is GOLD-PLATED.

Please say it's a bug and it'll be right back?

ravi_iitian
Community Member

Bojana D wrote:

I see Upwork is sneakily toying with the idea of removing Hire History (closed projects and feedback) from the job post page. It's either being A/B tested, or worse, it's already approved and being gradually phased in. Since no-one deemed it important enough to announce, let me leave some preemptive feedback on the newest "improvement". 

That section was one of the key indicators seasoned freelancers can use to gauge compatibility with the client. The stats section isn't enough, and taking away the next thing that can prevent projects going sour is not doing favours to either of the parties involved. Between this and adding the inane AI generated filler in job posts, it's like you want freelancers to shoot in dark. This is going to result in more disputes and support time, and more unhappy clients and freelancers, all because you keep taking away parts of the toolset we need to judge a good match. 

Probably just a glitch.
Upwork should have no reason to hide the history.

6bfcdaf8
Community Member

Recently everything looked like a glitch to me before they anounced its a new feature!

bilsim
Community Member

Not true for all clients. I just checked on several examples, and some clients have it removed, while others don't? It may be that they can opt for it now (at least we know that if they do, they are hiding something). Unless this is a general glitch in the system.

ravi_iitian
Community Member

Biljana V wrote:

It may be that they can opt for it now (at least we know that if they do, they are hiding something). 

No way should that be allowed.

bilsim
Community Member

I agree, but that may be one of the possible explanations of why some have it removed, while others don't.

6bfcdaf8
Community Member

Its because it only impacts the job posts that are create "after" this feature is released and not the ones that were posted before.

6bfcdaf8
Community Member

I'm completely paralysed and i cant send a proposal to any job because i can't see the clients feedback history