🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Issue with selecting activity codes while add...
Page options
0 Upvotes

Issue with selecting activity codes while adding Manual time

We are investigating an issue impacting some users while selecting activity codes while adding manual time.

No action is required by users at this time as our engineering team actively works to resolve this issue. We will provide another update as soon as possible.

Update:

Hi everyone, we have received news from our Engineers that the issue with the missing Activity Codes from your Work Diary was worked on. The Activity Codes section of the Work Diary should be visible from your end now too.

Kindly check your Work Diary and the Activity Codes section by performing the necessary changes you need to apply.

13 Comments
smcphee21
Community Member

Hi there, I'm trying to log my time manually for a client who uses activity codes. I am normally able to select the code from the drop down box but right now there is no box anymore and it won't let me log the time as it says error this client requires activity codes. But there are no codes on my timesheet now to select. Is there an issue with Upwork where this is currently not working? I've never had this problem but don't see it in known issues. Please help!

JoanneP

Hi Shauna,

When you click the option to add time manually, the options on the pop-up window will be shown in this screenshot. Could you please try to enter a memo describing the work done and see if that works? You may also consider clearing your cache and cookies or a different browser. 

smcphee21
Community Member

Hi Joanne, thanks so much for getting back to me. Yes I've tried multiple browsers, in private mode and also through the app on my mobile and in none of them is it appearing. Here is a screenshot. Normally the activity code drop down menu appears in the middle area of the screen but for some reason it's not showing up at all. You can see the error at the top that appears when I try to save/ log my time.

Upwork Screenshot 1.png

JoanneP

Hi Shauna,

Thanks for coming back here, and I'm sorry that you are still experiencing problems adding manual time. I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

draeger
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I'm having the same issue, and I've tried the same suggestions. So, this is still an issue.

Thanks,

Dennis

PradeepH

Hi Dennis,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

lindsey_staples
Community Member

I am encountering the same issue.

-Lindsey

tjwaite
Community Member

I had to put in a ticket for the same issue; it has been this way all day.  

PradeepH

Hi Lindsey,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

smcphee21
Community Member

Thanks Joanne, I  put in a request for help but haven't been helped at all with the issue. They've told me to contact the client. They said he needed to add the codes but I have talked to him and he hasn't changed anything and on his side the codes have been in place already for months. I just cannot access them like I normally have for months. They don't appear like they should on your timesheet. Something is wrong with that screen on Upworks side. They are also saying there are no known outages on the status page but everytime I go to report it that page doesn't load properly so I cannot report the issue. I'm assuming others can't as well. Obviously its something going on on Upworks side as you see many other people here are having the same issue. Please help so we can log our time.