🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Issues with Messages and Notifications.
Page options
0 Upvotes

Issues with Messages and Notifications.

Some users may experience issues with "Messages" or "Notifications". 

Screenshot of the error message for reference. 

egaruth_0-1690219451361.png

We would like to let you know that our engineers are aware of this issue and they are working as fast as possible to resolve it. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information. 

Edited to update information. 07/25/2023

I would like to let you know that this issue is now resolved. If you continue to experience issue mentioned on this thread please let us know and we will be happy to assist you further. 

12 Comments
adddramabutton
Community Member

adddramabutton_1-1690216966294.png

Have to start a very urgent project today and Upwork is like this for HOURS. The freelancer I'm trying to hire told me he has the same issues (before we were disconnected permanently). Tried different browsers, same thing exactly. I'm doing it on a desktop. Please fix as soon as possible.

f2f297ac
Community Member

try to refresh your page

adddramabutton
Community Member

I obviously did that multiple times, as well as changing the browser, cleaning cookies, and relaunching everything. Any other suggestions?

the-right-writer
Community Member

Yes, I have read the memo. Is there any kind of estimate when it will be repaired? There are so few real clients here, it is a shame we can't talk to them.

NikolaS

Hi Jeanne

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I assure you that our engineers are working as fast as possible to resolve this issue. 

the-right-writer
Community Member

No, this is squarely on Upwork. Another great service, and I like how they hide the subject.

2037635d
Community Member

When I try to open the review a customer left for me I get "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or contact support ." after clearing my cache or changing browsers and computers.

It's critical for me to have my first review posted - can you check why this is happening? I get the same issue when trying to view my feedback requiest from messages between the customer and myself.

the-right-writer
Community Member

Upwork had a real live client - but I can't talk to them. I know you are working on it, but you must have an estimated time of correction. There are so few real clients here, and I just lost one.

Updated: it's back, client gone.

spectralua
Community Member

.deleted

2ef54d61
Community Member

It's pathetic how often I see that red "connecting to server" on the messages function.