🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » M-Pesa Delay
Page options

M-Pesa Delay

We are aware that M-Pesa is currently having a technical issue that is causing withdrawal delays. We are closely monitoring the situation and will share updates here as soon as we have them. 

252 Comments
jeroflories
Community Member

Upwork reversed the money after exactly 24 hours. I re-enabled the Mpesa-payment method, and then I withdrew again. It took longer than usual (20 minutes), but it came to me. 

Message from Upwork: "The reason for returned funds: Payment rejected by the bank".

nicoleabby
Community Member

Has anyone who had Mpesa issues been sorted?

e2c8c97d
Community Member

I have been experiencing the same issue...I was going mad...worried that I might have done something different. Iv sent several emails and complaints but no feedback yet..payment processed but no mpesa. If the situation changes for anyone please update here

morendi
Community Member

Hi everyone, after withdraw fails and money refunded back, today I tried and it was successful within minutes. If your money has been refunded back, try to withdraw again. All the best.

011a3066
Community Member

011a3066
Community Member

It has been 3 agonizing days of raising tickets and waiting for a solution from Wednesday on the Mpesa issue. Do we now have to wait until next week considering the fact that the weekend has started to continue waiting?

0b2e06c2
Community Member

Issue isnt resolved unable to change form of payment to receive of make deposits/withdrawals also not attempting to take the correct amount.What is going on this week?

kithinjipolly_10
Community Member

I requested for payment  on Wednesday  and received a confirmation  email  that it has been initiated  and funds sent to  mpesa. Am yet to receive  money. What could be the problem?

ckonde
Community Member

Hello friends,

Upwork have rectified the issue as well as MPESA, I just made my withdrawal successfully, you can try yours.

Best of luck

cazzie33
Community Member

I have just looked and I still can't get the funds that I tried to withdraw on Wednesday the issue still isnt resolved