🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Active Candidacy
Page options
Ruby C Community Member

Active Candidacy

I sent a proposal to a job post then the client ask me if I will be available for an interview. Then it was added to the active candidacy. When I responded, the client didn't send any message after that and it's not in the active candidacy anymore. What does it mean?

5 REPLIES 5
Preston H Community Member

re: "I sent a proposal to a job post then the client ask me if I will be available for an interview. Then it was added to the active candidacy. When I responded, the client didn't send any message after that and it's not in the active candidacy anymore. What does it mean?"

You have not heard back from the client since you first responde.

You no longer see this job in the active candidacy list.

It sounds like the client is not moving forward with interviewing you or hiring you. The client hired somebody else. Or the client decided for some reason to not hire you. Or the client's boss came into his office and told him that the project is cancelled, so don't hire anybody.

We don't know for sure, and the precise reason doesn't matter.

We forget about that job and focus on other things. If that job's client decides in the future that he wants to talk to us, he knows where to find us.

Andriamiarantsoa H Community Member

Dear all, 

I am very sorry to come up here also but I had a message from the client to send email to him but I did request to send details in the message box. Unfortunately, he just left.

So, is that means that I should forget about that too ?

Thank you so much.

Martina P Community Member

Andriamiarantsoa H wrote:

Dear all, 

I am very sorry to come up here also but I had a message from the client to send email to him but I did request to send details in the message box. Unfortunately, he just left.

So, is that means that I should forget about that too ?

Thank you so much.

Yes. No serious client will make you break the rules and risk your profile. 

Preston H Community Member

I often use Upwork as a client.

It is very easy to communicate with freelancers using the Upwork Messages tool.

It is even easier than using any other method.

And other methods violate the rules.

So if a prospective client won't talk to you using Upwork messages prior to hiring you, I assume that he is a scammer or scoundrel.

Andriamiarantsoa H Community Member

Thank you so much.

Apparently, there are too many doing that here especially those without payment verified I assume.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths