cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't upload my profile image !

Highlighted
Ahmed A Member Since: Aug 28, 2017
1 of 12

No matter how many times I have tried, I still getting the same error !

I have tried all the suggested actions in the community; including clearing the cache, using different file type, even different photo, 500x500px photo and compressed photo.

- First the error is not really descriptive which has to fixed !
- Second and most important, you should make it an optional field or something that can be skipped - for sometime even. But now I cannot use the website because I didnt complete my profile due to that error.

I hope I get help asap, and please consider my points.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 12

Hi Ahmed,

Please complete the profile form and pm me the photo you're trying to upload, so I could check. In the meantime, follow the steps from the notification you received.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Derek H Member Since: Jan 20, 2020
3 of 12

I need help uploading a profile photo. I keep getting an error.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4 of 12

Hi Derek,

Can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Kiran B Member Since: Mar 6, 2020
5 of 12

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
6 of 12

Hi Kiran,

Could you please try to resize the image to 250x250dpi and crop it to include only your head and shoulders? Please let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Jomark James V Member Since: Jun 10, 2020
7 of 12

Good day I Can't upload a profile picture because of that I can't update my profile. what should be the solution for this. its been a month since I encounter the issue and decided to have a break thought the upwork is updating the site and now I upload the image same issue.

Picture size:  250x250dpi and just 37.6KB

clear as crystal! but It keeps me prompt to an error.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
8 of 12

Hi Jomark James,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Anastasiia S Member Since: Oct 16, 2020
9 of 12

Hello,

For some reason my profile photo was not excepted 

Can you help me with this issue ?

thanks

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
10 of 12

Hi Anastasiia,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly in uploading your profile photo via a support ticket. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled