Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you know if its not a REAL JOB!

Highlighted
Paige J Member Since: Jun 19, 2017
1 of 5

Hey Guys,

I just need a little help. I am new to Upwork. I have gotten a couple replies back from people. But, some kind of make me think it could not be real. How do you know its a real job. I think i had one person just invited me to a interview but he is very new, like yesterday new. And he is not verified through Upwork far as the pay goes. so, do i except the interview are decline. What has some of the Old Freelancers done in the past to this situation.

Thanks Paige

Highlighted
Linet A Member Since: Jun 26, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

Hey Paige! Pleased to make your accquaintance. I think Upwork takes care of both us job seekers and clients in that you could contact the support to deal with the client if there are any payment issues. 

Warm regards, Ahyolo.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Paige J Member Since: Jun 19, 2017
3 of 5

Thank you Ahyolo for responding back to my post.

Paige

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 5

wat no that person has no idea what she's talking about

you need to read the noob freelancer resources and only take payments on upwork with a contract that has either funded milestones (escrow) or a verified CC. 

Just search "how do I get paid."

Don't listen to noobs with 0 jobs in their profile talking about things they obviously don't know.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 5

Paige:

It is important that you learn to recognize scam jobs on your own.

Please, DO NOT ever contact Upwork customer support to ask them if a job is "real" or not. It is not their job to answer that kind of question. And it is just going to waste your time.

Nearly every regular Forum participant can recognize a scam job within one second or less. That is not an exaggeration. We really can tell that quickly. So, obviously we do not waste time trying to reach customer support and asking them. Customer Support would not even be able to provide an accurate assessment a lot of the time.

If you do not yet know how to discern fake from real jobs, then COME HERE AND ASK US.

We will help you out.

But one of the best things you can do is to carefully read this.