cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do clients usually take to pay?

Highlighted
Ringkhang B Member Since: Dec 24, 2016
21 of 37

I am writing to them now. Hope things turn out to be good. Ihave put much time and effort doing their assignments.

Highlighted
22 of 37

What can I do if the clients I am working for presently just vanishes like the previous now that have been working for them for about a week.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
23 of 37

re: "What can I do if the clients I am working for presently just vanishes like the previous now that have been working for them for about a week."

All work that you do not get paid for belongs to you.

You can learn from your mistakes and move on.

You must not fixate on past mistakes. You must not try to get paid when it is impossible to do so. That would prevent you from succeeding in the future.

Highlighted
24 of 37

As you have said I has sent a direct message to hire me through up work. They said the will on Monday. But just vanished from skype like the previous. I really want to make them pay please suggest. **Edited for Community Guidelines**Currently I have another who said will hire me on upwork today. I have already written around 14 nos of high quality contents for her.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
25 of 37

@Ringkhang B wrote:
As you have said I has sent a direct message to hire me through up work. They said the will on Monday. But just vanished from skype like the previous. I really want to make them pay please suggest. **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Currently I have another who said will hire me on upwork today. I have already written around 14 nos of high quality contents for her.

Ringkhang,

"Currently" you have another scammer who will cheat you. You do not do any work for a "client" on this site without  a formal contract in place. What part of this do you not understand?

Unless you take the advice of the moderators and freelancers on this forum, and unless you read everything about working on Upwork, you will go on being cheated.

There is nothing Upwork can do to help you get your money (although you can report the clients in question).

Highlighted
26 of 37

I have been hired by a certain **Edited for Community Guidelines**  He promised to pay me after a week. I have written about 25 nos of 400 words and 1000 words contents for him almost for a week. I was duped by another **Edited for Community Guidelines** before. Yesterday when I mentioned to him about pay he said that he will on Tuesday. However, I found out that he just removed me from Skype. I really want to make him pay for wasting so much of my time and energy. I am very upset. I have all the Skype conversations and assignment order with me.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
27 of 37

@Ringkhang B wrote:

I have been hired

No. You were NOT hired. You failed to inform yourself about even the most basic rules of the site, broke them, violated the terms of service, and willingly gave away your work for free as a direct result.

Did the client cheat you? Yes.

Did your failure to work within the system make it possible? Yes.

Take it as a lesson learned, stop bidding or working until you have educated yourself on the very basics of being a freelancer on this site, and then start again.

Highlighted
Amaya R Member Since: Nov 3, 2016
28 of 37

Sorry for what happened to you but take it as a lesson. You should never start working on a fixed budget contract before the client prefunds the project. Also, if you are writing a number of articles, you can break them down into milestones and request the client to release milestone payments. This will help protect you from fraudsters.

For now, the best you can do is report the client to upwork customer support but my guess is the client has already closed thier account anyway. Just be more careful in future

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
29 of 37

re: "I really want to make him pay for wasting so much of my time and energy. I am very upset."

This is not the correct attitude if you want to succeed.

If you want to succeed on Upwork, then you must embrace your loss. You must be glad that this happened to you. You must let go of any desire to obtain money from the work that you did while you were being tricked.

This is the only way to move forward and earn money on Upwork.

You may look at my work history and the histories of other successful Upwork clients.

I earn a lot of money because I embace the lessons from the mistakes that I make and I emphatically reject a desire for money from failed contracts. I always try to avoid earning money from any work I have done if a client is unhappy with my work or if a client has tricked me into working for free.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
30 of 37

@Ringkhang B wrote:

What can I do if the clients I am working for presently just vanishes like the previous now that have been working for them for about a week.

If they do you can report them to Customer Support and take it as a lesson learned. You will not be paid, you will not get feedback, you have wasted your time.

It is always a good idea to spend some time working out how something (in this case the Upwork platform) works before jumping in blindly.