Hi, I was ntroduced and registered to Upwork in July 2019, by an Agency. The contract through the agency has now ended. I am also a freelancer and was told that I can make proposals for jobs on my own, however most jobs require 6 connects and I only have 4. The questions are as follow.
1. How do I purchase connects?
2. Proposals that I make on my own will the payments be made to the Agency?
3. Whar types of payment methods are used by upwork?
4. As a newbie how can I ensure that I get jobs?
Looking forward to your response.
1. This will depend on your location but all freelancers can purchase connects with a credit card or a prepaid card.
2. Since you`re an exclusive member of the agency at the moment you can only work on projects under the agency.
3. To learn more about our accepted payment methods check out this Help Article.
4. I would suggest checking out our resources on this Thread.
If you would like to work as an independent freelancer as well the agency owner will need to change your status to Non-Exclusive member. Thank you.