🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » It's my first day here at Upwork! ✨
Page options
a9d362c0
Community Member

It's my first day here at Upwork! ✨

I am an ASCP-credentialed International Medical Laboratory Scientist practicing in the Philippines for more than five years. Recently, I underwent an 8-month Data Analytics Course focusing on Data Mining, Cleaning, Exploration, Visualization, Storytelling, Automation, et cetera using Excel, SQL, Power BI, and Python. I joined Upwork as a freelancer for me to utilize the aqcuired knowledge and skills and to be able to side hustle as a Data Analyst while still having a regular day job. I am currently working on my profile and portfolio, and would really appreciate it if you guys could check it out and provide some insights on how it can be improved. Hoping to get my first freelance job soon. 🤞

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Joseph Vincent and Rakibul,

Firstly, we would like to welcome you both to Upwork! Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or get a chance to be interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

We wish you the best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
2079670b
Community Member

welcome. i am also new here.

I am a highly professional designer. already completed thousands of projects on other platforms with 5-star feedback. but still struggling here to find my first job. bidding system becomes more complicated.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Joseph Vincent and Rakibul,

Firstly, we would like to welcome you both to Upwork! Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or get a chance to be interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

We wish you the best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
shariful_siraji
Community Member

Hi Josef, I am trying for a long time too! It's not only your skills But also luck & Patience too! As a struggler myself, I would like to suggest you two things. 

1. Don't hurry for your first job, Keep patience & keep trying. 

2. Keep doing sample projects, & Attach those in proposal which matches to requirements.

3. Dont leave the platform! Keep visiting.

4. Keep learning about upwork, Upwork Academy really helps to understand. I am currently doing it!

And, dont accept any job that is against upwork trust & safety policy. Cheers.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths