cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Search Filter

billstage
Bill S Member Since: Mar 14, 2017
1 of 8

I can search jobs by experience level & client history...but being new to Upwork, I am still building up my job success score.

Is there a way for me to filter out those jobs that I'm not qualified for based on "Preferred Qualifications/Job Success Score"?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 8

Hi Bill,

There is no way to filter job search by client preferences at this moment. I'll share your question and feedback with the team that's working on improving search.

~ Valeria
Upwork
billstage
3 of 8

That would be very helpful!  The feature would save me a LOT of time as I'm building my portfolio.

Also...is there a way to transfer previous work from Elance to Upwork?  This would give me a great leg up.

Thanks!

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 8

Bill,

Unfortunately, there is no way to merge an Elance profile with Upwork anymore. The migration process was completed a few months ago.

~ Valeria
Upwork
billstage
5 of 8

Thank you for your time!

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
6 of 8

Bill, it's worth noting that the JSS on the job posting is a preference only (and is set to 90%+ by default). There is nothing to stop you applying to jobs that have a JSS preference before you have your JSS, and in fact you'll probably struggle to find jobs without that preference anyway. If the job is one that you are interested in and qualified for, then you can certainly still submit a killer proposal for it.

wlyonsatl
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
7 of 8

Freelancers with Job Success Scores below the maximum threshold of 90% should be able to filter out client postings that require that minimum.There is no reason for a freelancer to waste time reading or applying to jobs where the client has said they require this minimum.

At the very least, the resulting list of open projects that a filtered screen provides should include each client's JSS requirements, rather than requiring the freelancer to read through each project on the list.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
8 of 8

Hi Will,

Please note that the 90% Job Success Score/ Rising Talent badge is a default setting that clients can remove as a preference on their postings. Freelancers who don't meet these preferences can still bid and get hired on these jobs.

Untitled