🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » My Balance
Page options
jhaas0
Community Member

My Balance

Hello - I was simply wondering if money in MY BALANCE would ever expire if I left UpWork for say a year of inactivity. I'm afraid of earning money via UpWork, forgetting to withdraw, not accessing my account for some time, returning, only to see no funds left in MY BALANCE. Thank you for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Jordan,

Your money won't expire and it will stay there until you set up your payment method. You may choose an automatic payment schedule once you already set up your payment method. Please click here to learn more.

Untitled
jatinder1247
Community Member

Hello Jordan,

You don’t have to worry about your money in your up-work account. It is fully secured with up-work. There is no expiry date for your hard earn money.

But be sure you have added Payment method in your account. And one thing worth mentioning here that Upwork makes automatic payment to your account if your balance amount is more than $1000. You can set even lower limit for that.

Thanks & Regards

JATINDER

Hi Jordan, and Jatinder, 

I would just like to clarify that you will not be allowed to keep your money in your Upwork account for more than 6-months. Legally, Upwork is not able to keep freelancers' earnings in their Upwork accounts indefinitely. If your money is held in Upwork for 6-months or 180 days, this will be automatically withdrawn to your chosen payment method. 

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

@Avery O wrote:

Hi Jordan, and Jatinder, 

Legally, Upwork is not able to keep freelancers' earnings in their Upwork accounts indefinitely. If your money is held in Upwork for 6-months or 180 days, this will be automatically withdrawn to your chosen payment method.

And if there isn't one, it goes back to the client(s)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths