🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New team member can't see Reports
Page options
Caroline R Community Member

New team member can't see Reports

Hi all

I created a client and have added a team member.  I've assigned Admin permissions so they can monitor and handle the billing.  Unfortunately, the team member can only see the Jobs option, and the job we have hired a freelancer for is not visible.  I need this team member to see all the same functionality that I do.  What else do I need to change in settings?  Is there a way to confirm that this team member will receive all the same emails I do as well?  Notifications have been set to All Activity on all options.

Thanks very much

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nina K Community Member

Hi Caroline,

C can adjust their settings to receive emails that only pertain to themselves or to receive emails pertaining to the team. To change these settings, they can go to the Accounts menu > Settings> click Notification Settings. The setting option is in the "Recruiting" & "Contract" section. You can modify a job posting or create a new job posting to verify that the notifications are functioning correctly.

~Nina

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Nina K Community Member

Hi Caroline,

I'm seeing that you have two members on your team apart from yourself, one which appears to be a different account with your name and one that is a completely different user. If it's the other user that you intend to give full access over jobs and billing, you will need to set his permissions to Full. However if you intend to have another user use the other account with the name very similar to your name, please note that this would not be allowed due to sharing accounts being a violation of our ToS. You can however invite the team member as a new user following the instructions outlined here. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

~Nina

Hi Nina

I'm a bit confused.  As far as I know, I only created one account, under my name.  I created a team using my name.  In Members and Permissions, I should have a team member with a similar name (lets call them C), and a freelancer on contract (lets call them F).  'C' was invited, accepted and they created a signin for themselves.  I gave 'C' admin permission to everything.  Can you please tell me a little less cryptically, what the heck I did wrong?  All my settings match what you suggested.  Help!

Thanks - Caroline

Nina K Community Member

Hi Caroline,

Upon checking further it looks like everything is set up correctly in your Members & Permissions settings, so please disregard  my previous message which was confusing. However please make sure that C member is signed into correct account that is associated with your team. They can click on the upper right hand side of the page to toggle between different accounts, so once they are in the account that is associated with the team, they should have full access as your member permission settings are correct. If they are still unable to see the job that you hired a freelancer on, then please have them reach out to us so that we can further assist.

~Nina

Hi Nina

Ok, I believe C can see the team.  Can we confirm that C will be able to see emails that come through?  Is there a way to generate a test email so we can ensure none are being missed?

Thanks - Caroline

Nina K Community Member

Hi Caroline,

C can adjust their settings to receive emails that only pertain to themselves or to receive emails pertaining to the team. To change these settings, they can go to the Accounts menu > Settings> click Notification Settings. The setting option is in the "Recruiting" & "Contract" section. You can modify a job posting or create a new job posting to verify that the notifications are functioning correctly.

~Nina
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths