🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Paused contract
Page options
sfalkens
Community Member

Paused contract

Client sent me an urgent resume re-write job which I accepted but client didn't send the document; so while I was waiting I went into the client's Linkedin profile to get started on something.  I started the time tracker (which I should not have done!!!) but wanted to show I was ready to start (so it looks like I billed the client for 20 minutes) and I was not able to delete this. Three hours passed and the client never sent the document or replied (even Though client was online at times throughout).  I tried to communicate several times with no reply.

Can I cancel this thing and reimburse client so that it doesn't reflect badly for me?  Even though I sat waiting for three hours to start, I don't expect to get paid; I feel bad I made this mistake and that the client didn't give me the opportunity to discuss.  I still wanted to do the work but the client never replied again.  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Sandra,

Currently, your client has been invoiced and they have until Friday to review your work. If your client files an hourly dispute, you can choose to reject or accept the dispute. You can also choose to give a refund to your client on your end by going to the three dots menu in your contract and clicking "Give a refund". Please keep in mind that we advise you have everything you need to start work before accepting a contract, as contracts that don't lead to any earnings can negatively affect your Job Success Score.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Sandra,

Currently, your client has been invoiced and they have until Friday to review your work. If your client files an hourly dispute, you can choose to reject or accept the dispute. You can also choose to give a refund to your client on your end by going to the three dots menu in your contract and clicking "Give a refund". Please keep in mind that we advise you have everything you need to start work before accepting a contract, as contracts that don't lead to any earnings can negatively affect your Job Success Score.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
dd69244c
Community Member

I came across this and not sure if i can be assisted here. I have a similar issues but seems like other way round.

I submitted a proposal and agreed a fee with a designer on a project. Whereas i recall chosing fixed payment with lesser deposit, it went on with hourly rating and it made the total more than fixed rate agreed. I want to rehire him and cancel the old job or pause it while this is been settled. It was my first job i hired someone and we didnt pick the error up till now. I don't want to pause the contract or stop it to affect his reputation or rating, will it affect him or what is the best way to go about it please.

Please help as soon as possible please.

Sincerely

Carr

re: "I don't want to pause the contract or stop it to affect his reputation or rating, will it affect him or what is the best way to go about it please."

Closing the contract on this freelancer, without him receiving any payment for the contract, will NOT adversely affect the freelancer (as long as you don't leave negative feedback).

Here is what you will do now:

- Close the contract that you don't want to use.

- Don't write any feedback.

- Leave all maximum-positive scores in any place that you are asked to leave a score

- The contract will NOT appear on the freelancer's public profile page or job history

- The contract will NOT have any affect on the freelancer's JSS.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths