🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Sample Cover Letter
Page options
Saxon L Community Member

Sample Cover Letter

Hello,

I'm very new to freelance work and wanted to start putting myself out there for some work. I'm interested in doing voice-over/talent work. I just wanted to know if anyone could give me tips or sample cover letters for applying to voice talent jobs (at the beginner level) that would be very appreciated.

I don't have any work that pertains to voice over work so I can't use any as attachments or for a portfolio. I really am just a beginner to freelance work.

Thank you very much for your time!

Saxon

95 REPLIES 95
Saumya Brata D Community Member

Hey Saxon,

Here's a simple Cover Letter I use, you might want to change it to your requirement and use it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Respected Recruiter,

I read with interest your posting for Senior Web Developer.  I believe I possess the necessary skills and experience you are seeking and would make a valuable addition to your company.

As my resume indicates, I possess more than ten years of progressive experience in the Web Development and Web Administration field.  My professional history includes positions such as Senior Web Developer at Lism Inc as well as Empire Kred.
Most recently, my responsibilities as Senior Web Developer at Lism Inc match the qualifications you are seeking.  I assisted in the successful completion of Leafygills and Empire Kred.  My supervisor also relied on my ability to develop and work with servers.

I have attached my resume for your review and I look forward to speaking with you further regarding your available position.

Sincerely,
Saumya Brata Dutt

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks !

Saumya Brata Dutt.
Preston H Community Member

Saxon, you need to post a good collection of samples as a portfolio.

Otherwise, don't even try.

Create samples before you start applying to work.

Don't use a template cover letter. Don't look at someone else's sample. Voice work? Keep your letter short. Who really cares what you write? Your portfolio/samples and past reviews/feedback are what is important.
Simranjeet Singh C Community Member

Hi Preston

Can my open source contribution be used as an option to showcase my skills? Or should it be a sample project built from scratch?

re: "Can my open source contribution be used as an option to showcase my skills?"

Yes.

Just be sure to clearly indicate what you personally did.

Faisal A Community Member

Please let me know what is template cover letter ? Thanks 

Melissa T Community Member

@Faisal A wrote:

Please let me know what is template cover letter ? Thanks 

A general cover letter that you can use in proposals which you edit a little for each one. It's something you shouldn't use if you want to tailor your proposals to each client. 

Asad A Community Member

i also need a cover letter and more information about upwork 

Ahmad R Community Member

Hi Asad,

You can learn and find additional resources for support here:

• New to Upwork Community forum where you can connect with other new users or ask for help from experienced Upwork users.

• Events Page to check out upcoming webinars and past recordings.

I hope this will help you and enhance your knowledge.

Regards,

Ahmad

Razades
Adnan S Community Member

Dear Ahmad,

I am also new in upwork, please guide me about everything on upwork. I have more than 12 years experience in this field.

Thanks 

Ahmad R Community Member

Hi Adnan! Hope you are well. I suggest you read the articles related to the Upwork Community page and resources. Take some webinars and note some major points that will help you to understand this awesome platform and you can only earn more when you will learn more. Please learn from the past experiences of the freelancers. Thanks

Razades
Samuel C Community Member

I am new to upwork.How can I be assisted in write good cover letters

Daniel K Community Member

What if its my first proposal I am writing and I don't have samples of work donw previously. How can I write my proposal.

Jenish D Community Member

absolutely right, Do it your self, and create your own.

Neha K Community Member

Hi . I need some help with my cover letter .
I want to know what important poi ya I should Include in my cover letter .
It LL be great if u help .
Thanks
Elvis K Community Member

Hey Saxon, Here's a simple Cover Letter I use, you might want to change it to your requirement and use it. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Respected Recruiter, I read with interest your posting for Senior Web Developer. I believe I possess the necessary skills and experience you are seeking and would make a valuable addition to your company. As my resume indicates, I possess more than ten years of progressive experience in the Web Development and Web Administration field. My professional history includes positions such as Senior Web Developer at Lism Inc as well as Empire Kred. Most recently, my responsibilities as Senior Web Developer at Lism Inc match the qualifications you are seeking. I assisted in the successful completion of Leafygills and Empire Kred. My supervisor also relied on my ability to develop and work with servers. I have attached my resume for your review and I look forward to speaking with you further regarding your available position. Sincerely, Saumya Brata Dutt ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks ! Saumya Brata Dutt.

Elvis:

You do not understand what a cover letter should be.

The cover letter you posted here is all about you.

Clients don't care about you.

Clients care about 3 things:

- Themselves

- Their projects

- How you will make their lives better by helping with their projects

Those are the only things I talk about when I write cover letters.

You don't need to talk about yourself in a cover letter. If a client wants to know more about you, he can click on your name and read your profile page.

Umesh M Community Member

sir can you write a right cover letter for a graphic designer with 8 years' experience.

re: "sir can you write a right cover letter for a graphic designer with 8 years' experience."

Umesh:
That is not how this works.

Ario W Community Member

greet Mr. Guru,

what the best example good and effective cover letters should be..

Novenia I Community Member

Thanks for this insight because it feels all so repititive when I start talking about myself. 

Novenia I Community Member

Can you give a sample?

Muhammad U Community Member

Thanks 

I benefited

Tamij Uddin M Community Member

Can you please provide a sample cover letter, please

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths